I hate to rub it in, but......

Status
Not open for further replies.

blu_fuz

Staff member
Jun 3, 2009
WI
but...... I'm gonna rub it in anyway! My original NEW JVC RC-M90JW manual showed up today :-O .

Yep, you heard right - New! M90! Manual!!!! Mine!

I'm not home from work to lick, I mean look at it yet but will be in just over an hour. :w00t: :lol:

It has been a really slow 2012 for me and finding boomboxes that I can afford and really want. Best part of 2012 was having Baddboybill fix up my grails :thumbsup: which I get to pickup in a week and a half. :cool: So to celebrate my M90 fully working because of Bill, I thought that I should get the manual to go with it. :yes:

Superduper

Member (SA)
Great Score Joe. An original M90 service manual is 100 times rarer than the M90 itself. My guess is it can fetch $60 - $100 on the bay all by itself.

If anyone wants reproduction (paper) owner's manuals, I have a handful, ready to ship, for $22 each. Top edge bound (stapled) instead of left side bound (stapled) though.

baddboybill

Member (SA)
Jul 14, 2009
Hudson Florida
Superduper said:
Great Score Joe. An original M90 service manual is 100 times rarer than the M90 itself. My guess is it can fetch $60 - $100 on the bay all by itself.

If anyone wants reproduction (paper) owner's manuals, I have a handful, ready to ship, for $22 each. Top edge bound (stapled) instead of left side bound (stapled) though.
So now your selling the actual printed and not PDF Norm? I got to get me some, can you post some pics please :thumbsup:

Superduper

Member (SA)
baddboybill said:
Superduper said:
baddboybill said:
So now your selling the actual printed and not PDF Norm? I got to get me some, can you post some pics please :thumbsup:
Yeah because there was a user manual as well on eBay a few weeks ago ;-)
I didn't see that but yes, there has been an option to purchase the manual in either PDF or reproduction form. The $22 shipped price is only for members here though. On the site, the price is higher.

Here is the pics. I show 4 left but not sure if I have some more in another location. 40 pages including covers. Same size as originals but as I said, top stapled instead of left stapled which actually makes it easier to handle since the original, when opened, makes for a 22" wide/skinny manual.

blu_fuz

Staff member
Jun 3, 2009
WI
Yep this is the one off ebay that was a starting bid of $20. Great seller. I talked him into a 'bin' behind the scenes even after he told me no the first time :lol: :yes: .

The last M90 service manual I could see went for about $120 with shipping. The page sizes are strange like Norm stated so now I understand why all the free scanned versions were all over the place.

Norm, is yours color?

Superduper

Member (SA)
blu_fuz said:
Norm, is yours color?
I'm offering reproductions of the owner's manual only Joe, not the service manual. The owner's manual was originally black/white so the reproduction stays true to the original. The service manual, especially with respects to the schematics are in color. My PDF's versions are in color. The reason I'm not offering reproductions of the service manuals (or any service manual with similar specifications) is that it's far too costly to print poster sized diagrams in color and in high resolution. Unless I can find a printer willing to print reasonably, it will never be cost effective. I think one of the big office supply chains quoted me something like $25/page. Well, if there are 20 large format diagrams in color, then it's obviously a no-go. I can understand the high price.... those large format plotters are incredibly expensive, in the tens of thousands of dollars but then they are all ink jet and we all know about the longevity of ink jet prints. Best I can do is 11" x 17". Well, actually, if I can find the paper, I can do banners up to 11" x 3 or 4 feet but my printer is laser.

Anyhow, the reproduction is a nice reference manual to have for this highly collectible boombox. It also helps tremendously with sales too, if anyone ever decides to sell. You will get your $22 back many fold, I'm quite sure about that.

blu_fuz

Staff member
Jun 3, 2009
WI
I'm considering buying your fill size owners manual.

I have 11x17 laser printer/copier and paper (no color). I also have a HD copier/scanner for up to 36" plans and can print (no color) 36"x any length too.

blu_fuz

Staff member
Jun 3, 2009
WI
baddboybill said:
Scotty_M said:
Bill was that the one on ebay that just disappeared off there???? :w00t:

Scotty

Lol, Bill do you know who ended up with that owners manual. I noticed the winky face, lol do you have it?

baddboybill

Member (SA)
Jul 14, 2009
Hudson Florida
blu_fuz said:
baddboybill said:
Scotty_M said:
Bill was that the one on ebay that just disappeared off there???? :w00t:

Scotty

Lol, Bill do you know who ended up with that owners manual. I noticed the winky face, lol do you have it?
No I wish :thumbsdown: I'm just gonna get one from Norm. I prefer owners manual over service any day. Just bring the service manual so I can check it out. I already got PDF of it from Norm so I won't need to copy it...

baddboybill

Member (SA)
Jul 14, 2009
Hudson Florida
Superduper said:
baddboybill said:
Superduper said:
baddboybill said:
I didn't see that but yes, there has been an option to purchase the manual in either PDF or reproduction form. The $22 shipped price is only for members here though. On the site, the price is higher.

Here is the pics. I show 4 left but not sure if I have some more in another location. 40 pages including covers. Same size as originals but as I said, top stapled instead of left stapled which actually makes it easier to handle since the original, when opened, makes for a 22" wide/skinny manual.
Thanks Norm I'm gonna PM you soon to get one :-)

Status
Not open for further replies.