Lasonic TRC-931 DOA

Status
Not open for further replies.

DJBREEZY

Member (SA)
Dec 10, 2012
Boynton Beach, Florida
soundcloud.com
I received a Lasonic TRC-931 today and it sounded like the UPS man kicked it to the front door. Plugged it in, pushed power and nothing... shocker! I opened it up and it didn't look as bad as it sounded, a couple broken pieces and some loose wires. I'm hoping you guys can help me get this thing up and running again! here we GO!

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Please PM me if needed
Thanks Again!

blu_fuz

Staff member
Jun 3, 2009
WI
You never, ever, EVER plug in a boombox that has stuff rattling around inside. You might have damaged even more doing that :nonono: .

baddboybill

Member (SA)
Jul 14, 2009
Hudson Florida
Looks like transformer board has break in corner. If you know how to solder than easy fix. As for deck wire they need to be rue soldered as well. Like Joe said you never plug in damaged box til you look it over :yes:

k2j

Member (SA)
Mar 28, 2011
West Coast
baddboybill said:
Not 100% sure if this needs to be done but it won't hurt.

[ Image ]
Definately do that with thick wire. plus super glue the board back into shape. also, what component is on the otherside of the board (piece) and where does it lead to? That component may be broken as well. Flip it over and look

baddboybill

Member (SA)
Jul 14, 2009
Hudson Florida
k2j said:
baddboybill said:
Not 100% sure if this needs to be done but it won't hurt.

[ Image ]
Definately do that with thick wire. plus super glue the board back into shape. also, what component is on the otherside of the board (piece) and where does it lead to? That component may be broken as well. Flip it over and look
Probably no component on other side looking at all the joints being attached. Maybe wires :hmmm:

baddboybill

Member (SA)
Jul 14, 2009
Hudson Florida
Looking at it it's probably diodes but I doubt it's damaged. Just solder wire to two points and make sure no more loose wires then test. The blue wire off transformer that was off is why it didn't power up ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.