Hi
i want to add a line in to this boombox
i took some pics of the circuit boards
i see where it says TO CD L R G can i tap into those

BoomboxLover48

Member (SA)
Dec 3, 2010
Chicago, IL
This JVC PC-X 1000 is an awesome unit with lots of power.
Be very careful not to mess up the internal circuit and components.

What are you trying to connect?

With very little information it is hard to say what to connect and where to connect. :nonono:

Take a look at the first pic- on the right side bottom you see 4 RCA female sockets- I would assume it is the CD "line out" and "Phono in" RCA sockets seeing the last picture. There is a ground connection for the PHONO next to it.
Top could be left channel and bottom, the right channel. It is hard to say which is which. Left and right channels are top and bottom. I don't see an AUX connector there.

You can use the "phono in" RCA female socket using a special plug/Input Attenuator and use it as an AUX line in connection. I need to look up where to find those. I don't know if this is a good recommendation.

Hopefully one of our members here who own this unit will chime in. :yes: :yes:

Be very careful and make sure about what you are trying to do. :yes:

stereomann

Member (SA)
Nov 17, 2010
MD
i just want to be able to hook a mp3 player or other device to it
it does have phono in & cd out

someone on here told me to get this Phono Input Attenuator
http://www.mcmelectronics.com/product/M ... 0-/50-7240
but on some sites i have read that the sound is not that great
& it cost $17 with shipping

i could use a tape adaptor but that does not look so great with a wire sticking out the front of the unit

stereomann

Member (SA)
Nov 17, 2010
MD
i have not messed with this unit on the inside i just cleaned the dust out. i dont want to do anything until someone tells me the correct way to go about wiring it up. or i may just leave it alone

on a 90s sanyo boombox i paid $15 for with no inputs i did tap into the cd inputs on the unit & it did work. the cd player was non working on it when i got it.
just put it to cd & hook up mp3 player & sound came out but was not has loud as the radio but still sounded good

on this jvc unit i paid $50 bought it from member JustCruisin he did a Great Job Packing it & is a Great Person to Deal With

BoomboxLover48

Member (SA)
Dec 3, 2010
Chicago, IL
i just want to be able to hook a mp3 player or other device to it
it does have phono in & cd out

someone on here told me to get this Phono Input Attenuator
http://www.mcmelectronics.com/product/M ... 0-/50-7240
but on some sites i have read that the sound is not that great
& it cost $17 with shipping

i could use a tape adaptor but that does not look so great with a wire sticking out the front of the unit

That is exactly what I used on my Sharp GF9696F since it had no AUX input. But the quality of sound was questionable. :yes:

Cpl-Chronic

Member (SA)
May 14, 2012
Windsor, Ontario, CANADA
Don't try to splice in on the CD OUT. It won't work as that is a line-out feed from the CD circuit & will not accept an input signal to the amp. You are rsiking frying the CD player if you FARK around with that using a soldering iron & the unit goes down in value due to it's modified state. Find a decent IC controlled PHONO to LINE-IN attenuator for a few bucks & you're good to go. They sound way better than a cassette adapter & you won't hear any real degradation in sound at all.

Marco99

Member (SA)
Jun 25, 2016
Ottawa ON
I just plugged RCA cables into the CD out jacks and fed a signal from an mp3 player into it.....voila it works!

Status
Not open for further replies.