Sony CFS-DW60 question

Status
Not open for further replies.

ahardb0dy

Member (SA)
I have a small Sony boombox that Freddie gave me at one of the Sunshine mix meets, never really use it but the other day I had it connected to an amp to test the amp and when using the radio I noticed even with the antenna extended it doesn't pick up any stations very good, it has a stereo tuned in light and it never came on.

I'll probably take it apart to check the antenna connection but wanted to see if anyone could give me any tips on this?

No idea what model it is, too lazy to go out and look at it right now, it's bigger than my Aiwa 210, looks like it has flat woofers although they may just be covers over the cones not sure, and it's pretty heavy for it's size.

I'll get the model number off of it tomorrow if anyone really needs it to assist me.

Thanks.

ahardb0dy

Member (SA)
Ok so I went out and grabbed the Sony to bring in and take apart, it's a CFS - DW60

Took the front off easy enough, found why the record/play deck doesn't work, the belt has turned to that lovely black goo!! The play only deck still works fine, had to remove the 2 decks and the tuner dial string to get to the next board, but didn't go any further to check the antenna, just looked to complicated and didn't want to get that into it.

Cleaned everything I could, took the motor off on the deck that needs a belt and cleaned off all the belt residue, at least it will be easy to install a new belt.

re-assembled and tested, everything that did work still works so I didn't screw anything up !! LOL

FM reception still crappy, good thing I don't use it regularly

monchito

Member (SA)
May 5, 2009
pythonville florida
hi tony :thumbsup: i see you are getting into fixing boxes :lol: :lol: alot of boxes suffer from those same problems poor sensitivity qalot of time its a parts problem sometimes caps somtimes leaky transistors,,the problem with tuners its best to have specialized equipment to work on them instead of the just turning a screwdriver on every slot you find ,,just to try to tune it ,,sometimes that work but sometimes it gets real bad ,,so more than likely the station that the most closes to you will pick up the best that may just be 2 or 3 station the least :-/ :-/ :-/

Status
Not open for further replies.