helix HX-4636 Help? deck 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

rokbox2112

Member (SA)
Dec 11, 2012
Orange,California
I got a Strange problem on deck 1.Pinchrollers are engaged but never retract at stop or power down.Auto rev switch works fine.just can put a cassette in. what am I not seeing?

rokbox2112

Member (SA)
Dec 11, 2012
Orange,California
baddboybill said:
Something sounds to be jamming up ;-)
Thanks Baddboy! I tried at it again. lithium greased dried areas,even re applied alcohol to pinch rollers got more glazing off.There cleaner.I did notice theres a flywheel below with no belt but where would that go :hmmm: When I got this unit. both deck snapped off there hinges and were inside completely in unit.
I was amazed they worked.There was the counter belt rotted and a slim belt in pieces never found where that went. ff/rw are good but at play spindles dont engage now. hmmm!

rokbox2112

Member (SA)
Dec 11, 2012
Orange,California
baddboybill said:
Sounds to me like full deck restoration is needed ;-)
My lower deck won't engage record. is that cable to be real tight? :huh: Where clip is it move so much... I thought screw maybe loose. :dunce: I don't wanna mess... Also heres a pic the black covering looks to exposed on mine. would a electronic shop carry on of these? thanks Bro... :thumbsup:

baddboybill

Member (SA)
Jul 14, 2009
Hudson Florida
rokbox2112 said:
baddboybill said:
My lower deck won't engage record. is that cable to be real tight? :huh: Where clip is it move so much... I thought screw maybe loose. :dunce: I don't wanna mess... Also heres a pic the black covering looks to exposed on mine. would a electronic shop carry on of these? thanks Bro... :thumbsup:

Record is least of worries without deck working. But there is a lever that unlocks record inside where tape goes that must be pushed up :-)

rokbox2112

Member (SA)
Dec 11, 2012
Orange,California
baddboybill said:
rokbox2112 said:
baddboybill said:

[ Image ]
Record is least of worries without deck working. But there is a lever that unlocks record inside where tape goes that must be pushed up :-)
This deck bangs! bump my WBMX or my old K-DAY traffic jamms its on. Just yes i pushed the pin up and hit the switches. it goesup but won't lock and load. it just slide back down... :sad: This box is bringing me to tears YO!!! eVEN AS A $87 EBAY buy. :-/ This box is really giving me a hella good fight.

baddboybill

Member (SA)
Jul 14, 2009
Hudson Florida
Try and manually pull record while you have deck out to see if it locks. Might have some gummed up grease keeping it from locking. It happens when you have 30 plus year old grease with dirt mixed in. If that's the case then you will have to clean it off with rubbing alcohol and add fresh white grease, but not a lot.

Status
Not open for further replies.