Show your TV boomboxes

Status
Not open for further replies.

k2j

Member (SA)
Mar 28, 2011
West Coast
Superduper said:
Hey KJ2, I've always wanted one of those Sanyos..... how does it sound? .
Well, not as good as it should... This one in particular is in pretty bad condition. Missing battery cover, broken antenna tip, massive scratches, all pots are scratchy, no AC cord (which is proprietary..).

Since you asked though, I hooked up my DC power source clipping it to the battery terminals and gave it a listen:
The volume control is real bad, I had to flick it with my finger to finally get sound out of the left speaker. Actually, it doesn't sound too bad really. I like the highs sounds like decent tweeters. It does have a fairly warm sound I think being that the case is sooooo deep, not cause the woofers are good.

I'll try to give 'er a basic restoration at some point and report back to you.

Love the topic, TV boxes are a favorite of mine and an area of concentration for my collection. :thumbsup:

JustCruisin

Member (SA)
Jan 28, 2012
Midwest, USA
k2j said:
JustCruisin said:
Sharp with detachable Microcassette recorder..
[ Image ]

[ Image ]
Hey James, can you post the model # and a picture of the whole unit plz? :-D
I kinda didn't want to cuz its dusty dirty like it hasn't been cleaned in 30 years, but cosmetically its a nice unit! Everything works!
I paid $4.28 for it, and the antenna is super long.. 7-stages!
The microcassette recorder even came with original SHARP batteries.. It was built a year after I was born.. ;-)

k2j

Member (SA)
Mar 28, 2011
West Coast
Boom Shaka Laka said:
My favorite, the Quasar XP1239-QE. (Too bad digital television turned the TV on this great boomer into basically a nightlight.)

[ Image ]

[ Image ]
OOOo, never seen that one before! Is the sunshade always in the up position or does it lower/remove? :drool:

Status
Not open for further replies.