This is kinda cool

Status
Not open for further replies.

bill

Member (SA)
May 5, 2009
Vancouver
i saw that one before online. i kinda of like it.

off topic but.... in the search for your grundig.
you know i saw a interesting panansionic shortwave the other day. it had both a analog tuning and digital the digital being in flouresent blue.
it also has grab bars on it too. its black and chrome. awesome looking radio so i grabbed it. unfortunately the shorwave bands dont seem to want to work.
i just found a picture of it.
its the rf2900.
anyways man like i said there must be something wrong with either the switch that selects the sw and am or something more major.
the price was right so i snagged it.

jaredscottfla

Member (SA)
May 6, 2009
Florida
i was gonna guess the panny 2600,very similar to the 2900.
the orig model of those radios is the king all analog,way better the panny rf 2200,absolutly the best analog sw radio
still the 2900 is a solid radio,i have the 2200 and a 2600,if i saw the 2900 i would have gotten it too for a modest price
congrats enjoy it. Btw did u sell your Grundig?
My Concer Boy is a Def Fav i'm not selling that,Along With My Zenith Trans Oceanics,and My panny 2200,and panny 1600 those are off limits. :-D

jaredscottfla

Member (SA)
May 6, 2009
Florida
bill said:
i saw that one before online. i kinda of like it.

it is interesting,it prob sounds spotty at best but i'm curious,i saw a few things on their site,i like maybe i'll buy a few things,even though i'm only a few miles away everything is shipped they don't do pick ups. I might take a shot and buy a few things,cash is tight,maybe in a few weeks,i ck'd @ on the web,a few places have other model sanyos but not this model 300 which def is the coolest looking of all,and 13 dollars? geez,that's really cheap :-)

Jovie

Member (SA)
May 6, 2009
3 band EQ and SW make it unique,at least for that style boombox here in the U.S..It's certainly inexpensive enough.The line-in is appearing more frequently now with Ipods everywhere.However,I have to wonder how useful the SW would be with such a short antenna.As I understand it,one reason for the overly long antennae on classic boxes was for good SW reception.

jaredscottfla

Member (SA)
May 6, 2009
Florida
partially true jovie,overall attaching an external antenna w/o overload is ideal but generally your right. i have several sanyo bbx's and several sanyo sw analogs( including the rp ) ,they are all exc for sw,i also have a sears wayfarer same as sanyo transworld,the sw and am dxing intrigues me more then it's functunality as a bbx :-)

bill

Member (SA)
May 5, 2009
Vancouver
jaredscottfla said:
i was gonna guess the panny 2600,very similar to the 2900.
the orig model of those radios is the king all analog,way better the panny rf 2200,absolutly the best analog sw radio
still the 2900 is a solid radio,i have the 2200 and a 2600,if i saw the 2900 i would have gotten it too for a modest price
congrats enjoy it. Btw did u sell your Grundig?
My Concer Boy is a Def Fav i'm not selling that,Along With My Zenith Trans Oceanics,and My panny 2200,and panny 1600 those are off limits. :-D
i am keeping my grundig. its just really nice and i cannot bear to part with it. i mean i am even having a hard time parting with the smaller shortwaves i have.
even the little sony 7600 i have is just too good to get rid of. i mean these things are never going to be available again.

jaredscottfla

Member (SA)
May 6, 2009
Florida
i have the sony 7600 too nice radio same size class i like the sangean 909,and grundig yb 400 better,
the sony's synchronous detection is a cool feature

Status
Not open for further replies.