Here's The Insides Of The JVC-RCM-50JW!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ghettoboom767

Member (SA)
May 6, 2009
USA
Hi everyone-I finally got into the M-50 today and succesfully removed the back circuit board without much trouble.
I oiled the motor as it was squeaking and It's much better now and I also cleaned the pulleys but as I got everything back together I found this little nylon bushing that goes on the idler wheel or the brown wheel that has the spring inside.
Now after getting this thing back together it's much better and is a little faster but still at about 95% speed.
I'm going to have to get into it again tomorrow and put this bushing back on the wheel and I hope I can figure where it goes on that wheel assembly but I'm sure i can figure it out.
The bushing is on the last photo on top so you can see it.
It's really alot better but I still don't know if there is a speed adjustment on this thing(the motor).
I didn't take the motor out as I didn't feel it was necessary at this time.
It doesn't sqeak anymore which is good.
Any suggestions to get this thing back to perfect speed?
I know with the bushing in there it might help a bit but thaty wheel spins pretty freely so I'm not sure that will help speed when I put it back.
As you know I love this boombox and I'm really hoping to get to perfect.
I also found part of the broken antenna shaft thing so I can get it back a little better around the antenna shaft to get one in there.
Have a great weekend-GB. :-) :hmmm: :yes:

-

-

-

Ghettoboom767

Member (SA)
May 6, 2009
USA
Superduper said:
Oh man, leftover parts after putting something back together is like everyones nightmare!

Are you sure it doesn't go under the capstan flywheel? Sometimes, when you pull the flywheel off, it falls off.
Hi SD-No I didn't take the flywheel apart as it spins very nicely and freely.
It definately came from taking apart the idler wheel(I think that's what it's called)It's the other wheel that the belt goes around.
There is a spring inside of it and I took it apart and I do know that is where it came from because I've taken these apart on other boomboxes and there is a bushing that goes in there(somewhere between the partson that pulley wheel) so back apart tomorrow.
It's good practice though but a pain sometimes.
DOES ANYONE KNOW IF THERE IS A SPEED ADJUSTMENT ON THIS MOTOR?
Thanks again SD-I love this and I'm so close now!
Have a great ngiht-GB. :-) :yes:

Ghettoboom767

Member (SA)
May 6, 2009
USA
Superduper said:
GB, look at the motor. If there is a small rubber shrouded hole, then the speed is adjusted directly on the motor.
Thanks buddy-I'll be checking that out tomorrow when I have it apart again.
These boomboxes have such nice tight sound to them-very nice!
Like I said the speed is so close now and no sqeeking.
Have a good one-GB. :-) :yes:

Status
Not open for further replies.