SANYO M-X920K

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Box of Boom

Member (SA)
Dec 18, 2011
Sydney/Australia/Earth
I have hesitantly pulled apart my beloved Sanyo to find out why it will not power up ... I will use this thread to ask some technical questions. Firstly thanks to Scotty for posting the service manual which i found using the search function.

Hopefully the power issue may be an easy fix ... I pulled apart the back lid to find the orange/black cable which joins the AC power to the circuit board to be loose or disconnected. I did not happen to catch where it plugs into ... can someone tell me where this cable may live ?

I am going to order a couple of sets of tape belts ... can somebody post a link to what i need to order :smooch:

Cheers Big Ears :breakdance:

The Box of Boom

Member (SA)
Dec 18, 2011
Sydney/Australia/Earth
thanks for that info guys ... however the box is still dead ... that cable must have been plugged in and it pulled out when I removed the back casing.

If you pro's had a dead box that did not power up ... where would you start to look for the problem?

thanks

baddboybill

Member (SA)
Jul 14, 2009
Hudson Florida
The Box of Boom said:
I have tried it on batteries ... still nothing.

I thought batteries was DC ? I obviously don't know much

Thanks Glue
By dc Glue means plug for car cigarette lighter adapter but most likely this will not remedy. Check voltage at orange/black wires you have while unit is plugged in or with batteries. You should get between 15-18 volts DC. ;-). If you have voltage then there is no problem with transformer board. If you have no voltage then could be bad fuse or component. Another problem it may not run on batteries is due to micro switch built into plug socket on radio. It could be dirty or rusty. Good luck and let us know findings :thumbsup:

wills15

Member (SA)
Jan 29, 2012
Australia
920s have an unreliable power button. Have you tried spraying deoxit into the button? When you do it, you need to smash the button on and off about 30 times, don't be too gentle with it.

If this doesn't work, you might need to test the power button with a multimeter too.

Status
Not open for further replies.