The C100F Case with new mods.

Status
Not open for further replies.

hardmen

Member (SA)
Jul 20, 2010
Brazil
www.instagram.com
At the time, SMD LEDs in analog VU, and now, working analog VU...

Next step, it´s aftermarket LED VU...

Cheers.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q-Bd9r6hQpE

Cpl-Chronic

Member (SA)
May 14, 2012
Windsor, Ontario, CANADA
nice job..How did you light the dial & labels like that? I'm convinced the dial & meters on my GF-777Z were designed to be lit from the top but the designers never got that far due to cost.

Eddy

Member (SA)
May 20, 2009
I like how the lettering in the tuner dial lits up

Awesome job

hardmen

Member (SA)
Jul 20, 2010
Brazil
www.instagram.com
Cpl-Chronic said:
nice job..How did you light the dial & labels like that? I'm convinced the dial & meters on my GF-777Z were designed to be lit from the top but the designers never got that far due to cost.
The C100F scale glass have the dial scale printed in back and a aluminum blue panel back in all glass.
So I bought a little piece of 12v SMD LED Strap (with 3 LEDs) and put this LEDs in the right side of the dial glass (using the same concept of fiber optics) them light pass trough in sandes area and escapes through the slots (in this case the letters and also any risks in the glass)... ...the blue aluminum panel enhances the intensity of light.

For the VU, I simple put the LED strap above and solder in the same swich of LED tuner dial.

Cheers.

LJV

Member (SA)
Nov 18, 2012
Nice touch. Originality is preserved, nothing pimped. Perhaps a bit too bright, or that's just impression, since it was filmed in the full darkness?

It can be expanded to tuning wheel, potentiometers, buttons, switches, cassette spools indicator back-light, tape counter etc. If there is enough space to fit thin plexiglass plate between front cover of the boombox and the internals, than just drill holes in plexi matching diameter of holes and apertures on cover, make necessary apertures and cut off what is needed for fitting. The thicker the plexi the better, but few millimeters would do. You'll get nice circular or square aureola. It doesn't have to be one-piece plexi at all. Make sure not to block something that needs to be kept air cooled!

LJV

Member (SA)
Nov 18, 2012
Can someone explain me why the VU meter for left has Battery and the VU for right Tuning mark? :hmmm:
I can't seam to find logic for such location of those signs.

Line Out

Member (SA)
Jul 16, 2012
Finland
When it plays radio, the right meter shows the signal strength. When Battery check/light switch is activated, the left one shows the juice left on the battery. I don't know if this works the same but a my Crown does it like that. So on radio, you don't see the right channel power/level, unless you press record.

LJV

Member (SA)
Nov 18, 2012
Line Out said:
When it plays radio, the right meter shows the signal strength. When Battery check/light switch is activated, the left one shows the juice left on the battery. I don't know if this works the same but a my Crown does it like that. So on radio, you don't see the right channel power/level, unless you press record.
Thank you. I had higher opinion about Conion c100f, I was impressed by its appearance, and almost pro micro HI-FI look-alike midsection, but as I get to know it more, metaphorically speaking - it turns from theater into circus in my eyes. Still I can't help wanting it. Not to mention that one was recently sold one for just $ 70, and all that was wrong with it, were missing deck door. I was few days late :bang:

Status
Not open for further replies.