Hitachi TRK 8080E Tape Deck does not work

Status
Not open for further replies.

Samuel745

Member (SA)
Oct 25, 2012
United Kingdom
Hello.

I am currently selling an Hitachi TRK 8080E on ebay and I have discovered that the tape deck does not work. Once the tape is inserted I press play but nothing happens? It does not fast forward or rewind either?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks,

Sam

Northerner

Member (SA)
Apr 16, 2012
North West UK
I was watching that one...it's completely ruined I'm afraid but I'll take it off yours hands for a couple of quid :yes: ;-)

I'm presuming it hadn't been used in a while, worked when you tested it but now it doesn't? If so the belts are likely perished and only managed to hold together for a while. If so its no biggie to rebelt if you know what youre doing but a big deal if you dont :yes:

Good luck with the sale :-D

Samuel745

Member (SA)
Oct 25, 2012
United Kingdom
Having a nightmare with it as I had listed it as fully operational but then discovered, after several bids, that the tape deck doesn't work. It still seems to be generating a lot of interest so I am going to let it run and hope for the best. Unfortunately I have no experience with boomboxes so I am reluctant to try and fix the problem myself.

Northerner

Member (SA)
Apr 16, 2012
North West UK
Well you've done the right thing by admitting it in your details and to be honest most collectors won't be put off so it's better to leave it as it is anyway, no point breaking it attempting to do it yourself. Good luck to you :-D

Status
Not open for further replies.