SHARP GF 575 RADIO ISSUES

Status
Not open for further replies.

retrohead

Member (SA)
May 29, 2010
United Kingdom
hi guys,just took delivery of a mint gf 575E.only one major problem-the radio doesnt work-ive tried all the switches to no effect,and the previous owner who delivered it for me this morning says hes tried switch cleaner in it a few times to no avail-interestigly,when you put it in radio mode and hover the needle over a station that you know is fm stereo,then the fm stereo beacon doesnt even light-im thinking a loose wire inside?the chap i got it off has had it a couple of years and its never worked for him neither :hmmm:
please dont say its the dreaded cap disease :hmmm: as i can just see it costing major money to put right :-/
on the other hand it has line in of course,and both tapes are working fine,so its still a great day for me :yes:

baddboybill

Member (SA)
Jul 14, 2009
Hudson Florida
Northerner said:
baddboybill said:
Have you checked AM?

Bad Boy Bill
Have you tried PM?...though not sure what difference the time of day makes? :-D
Actually I know your trying to be funny but time of day does have an effect on radio broadcasts... So does weather, land, buildings and so on ;-)

Bad Boy Bill

retrohead

Member (SA)
May 29, 2010
United Kingdom
hi bill,yeah ive tried am,no response at all-ive got to try and get it sorted,its in such great condition,i owe it to it ;-) and trust you si,trying to make a joke :lol:

retrohead

Member (SA)
May 29, 2010
United Kingdom
Well ive tried all the ways and nothing happens.....apart from when you go from fm to sw theres a slight "pop" response but nothing else sadly.im convinced its a loose wire but im not going in there as ill ruin the poor thing :-/

Status
Not open for further replies.