Everybody read this please and comment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

71spud

Member (SA)
May 7, 2009
I will make it short for those of you with ADD. What are we going to do with two sites..... Or what are YOU going to do? I post over on S2G and I feel like there is no action... pissing into the wind as it were. So do I just post here? OR do I post both places and duplicate?

I was (and still am I guess) a member of a car site for a specific car. The same thing happened with moderators letting power go to their heads.... rules were selectively enforced with the bias being against people with a sense of humor and for those with thin skins.... and the old guard with all the knowledge left. And they formed an invitation-only private board that you could not read without access. I was invited over even though I was about 2 years newer than the old guard. It was a way-cool place, but you still could not cut the cord on the old either because of the larger membership and the volume of information available. I managed to keep up on both for awhile, but in the end it burnt me out. I don't want that to happen here.

What are you guys going to do? Keep up with both? Cut ties to S2G? Or start a different collection....

If I post something over on S2G should I assume you WILL see it, or WILL NOT see it?

(I am not making this a poll question.... it seems like it lends itself to an essay answer)

jaredscottfla

Member (SA)
May 6, 2009
Florida
i have no qualms with anwsering directly joel,fo me,i'll keep my s2go membership and will occasionaly post on there and here as well. I really don't see a prob with the 2 sites,if one fades away,and one takes over that's life,i honestly don't look at it as a competition,or if i am being loyal or disloyal to one or the other. Folks will Make Their own Choices Both ,Here or There,It's Simple,And I Honestly don't think Bobby has a Prob with members here posting there.Let it be a matter of personal preference. RE: your car site analogy i had a similar experience but the difference my classic mustang site did things just as Bobby has done here basically opened this site free and open for everyone,Big difference then by invitation only. just my 2 cents but i'll post and keep my membership both here and s2go,u may not remember Krush's site awhile back it did not catch on as quickly as this and for several reasons he closed it,i joined and did post there quite often and krush and i did a trade for a bbx,and he even sent a computer for my cousin! Again,on a personal level
Me= Both sites

redbenjoe

I Am Legend
May 6, 2009
florida
thats a good set of questions, joel-

the answer is no - i likely wont see your posts there.

i dont post on s2g anymore --
i do scan it to see what boxes may be for sale -
or if i have some feedback to leave for members who have not yet joined our new site-
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
my other answer may seem blunt and crude and i sincerely hope to not disturb even ONE
member thats here.

so - as to your question re BOTH sites------?

the 'big powers' :lol: :lol: that run s2g have confronted ALL OF US
with the ....." if you dont like it -LEAVE NOW' ...challenge-

well - most of us human type folks :-)
dont like to be associated with ANY assholes like that -- :annoyed:
i dont !!!!!

at this same time --
bobby has made this tremendous effort and extreme gutsy attempt
to provide a BETTER site for ALL of us.

its my opinion then -- that ALL of us should be promoting and giving no less than
100% of our support to OUR NEW SITE.

amen

bill

Member (SA)
May 5, 2009
Vancouver
that was then this is now.
this site has a better interface and it is also a little bit less big brotherish. well alot less actually.
it seems like the core members i enjoyed conversing with are here now.
i dont see any point in having two memberships.
i mean its nothing against the people who want to keep going there.
its just not for me.
i for one am happy with this new site and i am sure its popularity will continue to grow.

Ghettoman

Member (SA)
Jul 7, 2018
Manchester, England
I post on both sites,here and at evilplace2go,just depends where the action is at the time..its more peacefull on here though,very relaxing,and you can breath easy :-)

Uncle Ed

Member (SA)
May 5, 2009
www.facebook.com
Let PF hang with the remaining membership until he finds someone else to abuse....I will do as redbenbozo, my dear friend and elder and peruse for a good sale or such. After 6 years, most of my true friends (and the good knowledge) is/are now here,
and although some of the good guys of past times are lost in cyber space, I feel that since Jens and Paul have become less active and PF the overlord and Hugo Chavez of S2G...the cracks of its decline are growing.

bredgeo

Member (SA)
May 7, 2009
France
Well..... I guess most of us will go back and forth.... I know that I do not post as much as I used to(WAY not as much) on ST2G. I only go there with needed answers, with answers needed, when I am PMed for parts, and when i am asked to help out on a bid and/or money transfer for what ever country I can help out with... Bla, bla, bla............. bla, bla, bla.

So, I guess a lot are going to go back and forth.

The only ones that might not do that are the very new members to this site or the other... maybe... :hmmm:

Oh, also...... How do we have the post, here, go to our E-mail address? :'-(

Jovie

Member (SA)
May 6, 2009
It's possible to benefit from both sites.I'm tending to do all my posting here since this forum opened.On S2go I tend to be more of a lurker.In computer terms Boomboxery is "read/write" and S2Go is "read".I don't see that changing.

MONOLITHIC

No Longer Active
May 6, 2009
Illadelph, East Coast
twitter.com
:agree: I was thinkin' about that for the past few days - especially when it comes to posting my boxes... Sadly, the more I visit that site and see how dead it is, the more I don't wanna post there. I will be checkin' in daily to see what's up tho and may post on occasion if the opportunity arises...

I wanna see THIS PLACE succeed, and the way things are goin', I know it will. :cool:

monchito

Member (SA)
May 5, 2009
pythonville florida
well as you see we have been growing in big nums real fast , i my self am trying to stay away from s2go as you can see the good mayority of the guys are here anyway and they have been posting so i see no point in going back when i have all you guys here ,, what i love about this site is it quiet we can post at our hearts content i know bobby personally which i belive is a big plus its not a shadow of a person that only shows up when he feels like it ( like you know who) and really thats is been going on over there for awhile at s2g with pf and not only that s2go for the 2 years that i have been there there was always problems i guess i would say that this site gives the potencial boombox lover to share our hobby the right way be in peace, start fresh ,show our passion in a new way,,i always say that its hard to start something new but put it this way its like when you start a new job at first you feel funny until you adapt then it becomes your home my 2 cents thanks fatdog for being a great friend and all you guys :-)

Ewen

Member (SA)
May 7, 2009
As long as there are contributing members, I'll post and visit both sites. From a collectors / enthusiasts perspective, one plus one does equal more than one - the more resources available for this great hobby, the better.

Fatdog

Staff member
May 3, 2009
Hey Spud, as you may or may not know, this forum was to never take the place of Stereo2Go for any member. Shortly after my vote of "no confidence" in the leadership of a particular moderator at S2G, I knew that I would have a huge bulls-eye painted on me.

The idea for this place then came up (while chatting with some of the Sunshine Mix attendees) in the event that I was banned. It would enable us to still in touch much more easily than e-mails. The time came and my account was suspended and the entire IP block for my county was banned from accessing S2G, so the Boomboxery forum was born.

I, personally, won't be back to S2G. However, should the sky fall and my account is un-suspended, I will go back just to retrieve all the messages and information in my PM folder - unless a moderator has deleted all of it.

As was stated above, I have absolutely NO problem with ANYONE having "dual citizenship." There are still lots of good folks on S2G even though it might seem more and more are leaving to come try it out here. For the remaining regular posters in the S2G membership, maybe it's time for them to step up and carry the torch. If they want to come here and hang out, that's fine too.

I guess it comes down to this... I would suggest keeping your S2G membership for one reason - the Tech Talk section there. There is a wonderful collection of knowledge in that section that isn't at Boomboxery as of now. In time though, I'm sure our Tech section will be just as good.

Be advised however, I have noticed that MANY posts have been purged from the S2G database since I registered. So, I'm afraid a lot of those posts will continue to disappear. I wish there was a way we could save all that information.

redbenjoe

I Am Legend
May 6, 2009
florida
monchito said:
well as you see we have been growing in big nums real fast , i my self am trying to stay away from s2go as you can see the good mayority of the guys are here anyway and they have been posting so i see no point in going back when i have all you guys here ,, what i love about this site is it quiet we can post at our hearts content i know bobby personally which i belive is a big plus its not a shadow of a person that only shows up when he feels like it ( like you know who) and really thats is been going on over there for awhile at s2g with pf and not only that s2go for the 2 years that i have been there there was always problems i guess i would say that this site gives the potencial boombox lover to share our hobby the right way be in peace, start fresh ,show our passion in a new way,,i always say that its hard to start something new but put it this way its like when you start a new job at first you feel funny until you adapt then it becomes your home my 2 cents thanks fatdog for being a great friend and all you guys :-)

monchito --i think your post was a great and thoughtul way to say all this

also --bobby has never even slightly suggested that anyone leaving s2g to join here was his agenda -
he just made this very cool 'extra' spot for us to have some fun / LOTS of fun :-D

still -- for many of us --this new extra spot -- is our ONLY spot !!! :thumbsup:

MasterBlaster84

Member (SA)
May 6, 2009
Northern California
Bobby what you have done here is to give a fresh start where I think it was needed, we all owe you for that. You have managed to revive some lost enthusiasm and whether or not some of us had issue lately on S2G I think this was needed. I will continue my membership at S2G but at a greatly reduced interaction, there is still to much for me to walk away from at S2G via technical information and the for sale/parts sections. Only time will tell If I drift away completely but there is already a significantly reduced participation on S2G, I would hope this will remind the mods that the members make the forum.

That being said this is my new home and most of my friends are here now so this is my focus.

I wonder what this will mean to Jens and his BBDB.

Status
Not open for further replies.