Sharp GF-818/GF-525 Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

=ml=

Member (SA)
Jan 10, 2011
E-Rock (Eagle Rock, L.A.)
I just purchased a Sharp GF-818SB (black Japanese version of GF-525) and after DeoxIT'ing all switches and jacks, I have a few questions:

* Anyone have manuals for a GF-525?
* Anyone know how to take it apart? It appears that the back needs to be removed and then front, leaving access to all parts mounted onto the internal chassis that includes the external sides. I haven't seen a configuration like this before and can't locate interior fasteners for the front.
* The left tweeter is barely audible and the left woofer is silent. (right channel is fine). Any ideas on how to bring the left channel back to life?

Thanks for any assistance! :yes:

Go!

=ml=

Northerner

Member (SA)
Apr 16, 2012
North West UK
There's a manual for a 555 around which I used for my 525 as the internal structure is the same. Can't remember where it came from tho but definitely free online :-)

=ml=

Member (SA)
Jan 10, 2011
E-Rock (Eagle Rock, L.A.)
Northerner said:
There's a manual for a 555 around which I used for my 525 as the internal structure is the same. Can't remember where it came from tho but definitely free online :-)
Found it! Thanks for the tip on the similarities between the 818/525/555! :thumbsup:

http://www.hifiengine.com/library/sharp ... -555.shtml

Even with manual it's a handful, but it's a blaster with tuff sound that is definitely overlooked! :cool:

Go!

=ml=

Northerner

Member (SA)
Apr 16, 2012
North West UK
I love working on sharps as they're so well put together and easy to work on. The 525 was one of the first ones I worked on...had to get the decks out to sort the capstan rubber that had turned to goo on both decks...it was a lot easier than some others I've worked on since! :-D I use mine a lot as its such a quality box, not the most bassy, but I love mine :yes: Good luck with yours!

Status
Not open for further replies.