Realistic SCR-8 belts

Status
Not open for further replies.

algeeba

Member (SA)
Jan 22, 2010
I know the belts for the SCR-8 are: SCA8.6, SCX5.1 and SCY4.6. The only place that I can find that carries belts for the SCR-8 (and the dimensions are pretty close) is TurntableNeedles. Is there any other place you all are getting or have bought these belts from? Studio Sound Electronics only carries one of the three required belts.

Thanks in advance.

k2j

Member (SA)
Mar 28, 2011
West Coast
I literally JUST ordered 2 sets of belts from vintage-electronics.cc!!!

They should arrive today or tomorrow I assume, when they do I will report back at how they fit and the sizes I ordered.

My fingers are crossed on this one as I'm gambling for 2 sets -> 1 for a SCR-8 and 1 for a BLOCKBUSTER baby! :thumbsup:

baddboybill

Member (SA)
Jul 14, 2009
Hudson Florida
algeeba said:
I know the belts for the SCR-8 are: SCA8.6, SCX5.1 and SCY4.6. The only place that I can find that carries belts for the SCR-8 (and the dimensions are pretty close) is TurntableNeedles. Is there any other place you all are getting or have bought these belts from? Studio Sound Electronics only carries one of the three required belts.

Thanks in advance.
You can go down by a little bit. Doesn't have to be exact. So SBM 8.5 will work on SCA8.6...
SBS 5.1 for SCX 5.1
SBO 4.7 or 4.3 will work on SCY 4.6

Bad Boy Bill

k2j

Member (SA)
Mar 28, 2011
West Coast
Finally gettin off my arse to follow up...

Belts used:
Scy4.6
Scx5.1
Scq8.2

The belts fit really tightly. Had to really stretch them to get em on, little more than usual - I replaced belts in Sanyo m-x620, sharp 8585, crown, pannys etc. This model seemed tight, but it now works great.

Same for blockbuster or scr-8 I ordered 2 sets and replaced one in each model.

baddboybill

Member (SA)
Jul 14, 2009
Hudson Florida
k2j said:
Finally gettin off my arse to follow up...

Belts used:
Scy4.6
Scx5.1
Scq8.2

The belts fit really tightly. Had to really stretch them to get em on, little more than usual - I replaced belts in Sanyo m-x620, sharp 8585, crown, pannys etc. This model seemed tight, but it now works great.

Same for blockbuster or scr-8 I ordered 2 sets and replaced one in each model.
Just be very cautious when belts are tight. It can cause issues. I always order the size plus one size up and down to be certain. Eventually I use spares ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.