Pioneer SK31 for a newby

Status
Not open for further replies.

downfromtheglen

Member (SA)
Aug 28, 2012
Boston
Just bought a Pioneer SK31 that needs belts. I opened her up last night, and realized the task was beyond my novice ability. Does anyone know of a video tutorial for removing/replacing belts in this unit, or in the SK21, 71, etc? THANKS!

baddboybill

Member (SA)
Jul 14, 2009
Hudson Florida
Most likely no video but I know member Skippy1969 has done a few pioneers ;-) but from what he told me they are not easy. You may want to find a tech that will do them. Some decks can be very complicated especially with all the small parts and no experience :-/ there may even be a member close to you that can help. Good luck :thumbsup:

downfromtheglen

Member (SA)
Aug 28, 2012
Boston
I put her back together and will have an experienced tech work on it for me. I kept track of everything that came out so fortunately there were no bits left over. Are there any brands/models that are particularly easy to work on?

baddboybill

Member (SA)
Jul 14, 2009
Hudson Florida
downfromtheglen said:
I put her back together and will have an experienced tech work on it for me. I kept track of everything that came out so fortunately there were no bits left over. Are there any brands/models that are particularly easy to work on?
Yes smaller boxes are easier to work on. But not minis. This one I have, Lenoxx Sound is easiest box ever ;-) the deck has 4 screws and 2 wired clips and it comes right out. Then only 1 screw holding plate to get 1 belt on :-)

Bad Boy Bill

Status
Not open for further replies.