National RX5700 TPS question...

Status
Not open for further replies.

BoomboxLover48

Member (SA)
Dec 3, 2010
Chicago, IL
I had to remove 8 boomboxes to get to RX5700. Now I forgot the tape in that and have to go through the same process. :-D

From what I know with all other BBxes, if you leave the TPS on and play, it will learn the position of the tape with no audio and store it in the memory. When you press play with rew or FF, then when you select the song, it should stop at the # you selected. :yes:

To make things faster, I hit play and FF it with TPS function on and it scanned all the songs. Then rewound it all the way, stopped, and used the search button on the right to select #3, and then hit the play and FF button.
Unfortunately, it keeps on running to the end skipping the LED from #3, #4, and so on, without stopping at #3.

Technically it should stop at #3. My TPS is not working? I don't know. :sadno: :sadno:

Try this method and see if it will work.. :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes:

I never used the TPS function because it can cause excessive wear to the tape and tape head. Somehow I didn't like the tape runnig so fast over the tape heads. The last time I checked it was on my M90 and it worked like a charm. :yes:

baddboybill

Member (SA)
Jul 14, 2009
Hudson Florida
Thanks Royce. Mine does same thing. I just like all functions working. Let me ask you. When you press the clear button does all LEDs go out or does one still stay lit? My clear doesn't do anything and led stays lit :-(

Bad Boy Bill

baddboybill

Member (SA)
Jul 14, 2009
Hudson Florida
Ok so took unit apart and did some investigating. The button that says clear is not even traced or wired on pc board. So in reality it does nothing :hmmm:
Here is pics...

Bad Boy Bill

BoomboxLover48

Member (SA)
Dec 3, 2010
Chicago, IL
Hi Bill,

I took it back again to recheck. This time I took my tape out of it. (..I am forgetting stuff..)

Nope! The clear button on the left does nothing! :sadno: :sadno:

Technically it should clear the memory!

One of these days I will take a good look at it.

I've never seen a Panny with fake or dummy function switches.............. :nonono: :nonono:

:'-( This is a top quality unit :yes: :yes:

baddboybill

Member (SA)
Jul 14, 2009
Hudson Florida
I've figured out how it's suppose to work. Your suppose to be able to select a number of tracks to skip, press number and the led for that number flashes. You press FF and as soon as it reaches track you selected it kicks off FF and starts to play. Mine is just not locking in so led constantly flashes. Wish I had a service manual :thumbsdown:

Bad Boy Bill

BoomboxLover48

Member (SA)
Dec 3, 2010
Chicago, IL
Hi Bill,

Mine does the same! :lol:

I think you have to press and hold the switch till it comes to the # location you selected.
:-D

I don't think there is a problem with the unit. This is how it was designed. By the way the TPS selector buttons never lock!

Be happy! Don't give a chest pain to Skippy! Tell him everything is fine! :yes: :yes:

Wow! This is an Awesome unit! Let me hug it more and keep to my heart! I paid A LOT to get this. Much more than one pays for a mint M70 nowadays.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

On the bright side of things we both learned something new now. :agree:

I am not a big fan of TPS..it kills both the tape and the tape heads... :yes:

baddboybill

Member (SA)
Jul 14, 2009
Hudson Florida
Royce the button don't lock down.. It's electronic just like Norms M70 LED kit. I watched one on YouTube and guy pressed the button and it would lock on and LED flashes. That's how I figured out how it was done :thumbsup: so when you hold button down it flashes as well :yes: I'll figure it out. It's either a bad transistor or IC chip ;-)

Bad Boy Bill

BoomboxLover48

Member (SA)
Dec 3, 2010
Chicago, IL
Hi Bill,

Okay! I agree!

Is there a possibility that two buttons should be pressed at the same time or something like that, to make the selected buttton flash and function?

I was also searching for a video that shows it. Love to see the video of it.

How can these two units behave the same way? :hmmm:

baddboybill

Member (SA)
Jul 14, 2009
Hudson Florida
No the problem is a bad component in mine causing it not to lock on selection. Without a service manual I'm stumped because I have no idea what readings should be :-(

Bad Boy Bill

Status
Not open for further replies.