PANASONIC RX-DT680 S-XBS Platinum Collection

Status
Not open for further replies.

BoomboxLover48

Member (SA)
Dec 3, 2010
Chicago, IL
I always wanted RX-DT680 and got one today in very nice condition. Everything is working but needs an antenna and remote. :-D Its still in the trunk of my car. I need to hide it from my wife and bring it. :lol: :lol:

Need to wait for cleaning it up and posting pictures.

I've never listend to this boombox and was very impressed with the sound quality. Very nice box indeed! :yes: :yes: I never knew it had a handle and the speaker boxes can be attached to the main unit. I didn't take a good look to see if I can remove the speakers and clean it.

wills15

Member (SA)
Jan 29, 2012
Australia
Yeah, one of the best sounding boomboxes ever IMO.

I use mine all the time. Speakers are detachable from main unit, you'll find lots of dust stuck in the gap there.

Antenna is exactly the same on every panasonic 3-piece boombox from that era, so it won't be hard to find a replacement.

BoomboxLover48

Member (SA)
Dec 3, 2010
Chicago, IL
wills15 said:
Yeah, one of the best sounding boomboxes ever IMO.

I use mine all the time. Speakers are detachable from main unit, you'll find lots of dust stuck in the gap there.

Antenna is exactly the same on every panasonic 3-piece boombox from that era, so it won't be hard to find a replacement.

:-D Thanks Wills15. Actually I want to clean the speaker cone and the grill. The cone paper looks very dusty.

BoomboxLover48

Member (SA)
Dec 3, 2010
Chicago, IL
:-D :-D I stayed awake till 3:00AM to clean my Panasonic. I am almost 90% there but wanted to post some pictures of this rare treasure that fell in my hands. The next step is the cotton swab clean up. :yes: :yes:

:sadno: I was not a big fan of the 90s boomers but this is an exception.
OMG the bass is so good and the tweeter/mid-range really excels most of my units in the collection.
:yes: :yes:
Like always I never pushed it over 60% of the VC. :yes:
Truly an AMAZING UNIT! No doubt about that. If you happen to find one please make sure to jump for it.
:agree: :agree: :agree: :agree: :agree: :agree: :agree:

Please see the attached pictures.

The unit is in mint condition... just got lucky.

I've posted about my DT-680 before and I love mine, every collector should have one, The detractors who run down the looks of these boxes down have obviously never seen one close up, they are beautifully built, they have gold accents, they are a cool matt black, they have super-soft touch buttons.

But the best part is, the have a rolled gold sound that only the very best boxes have! Bass up the wahzoo and volume that you can hear blocks away!

Get one. You will not be disappointed.

Great score BoomboxLover48.

Status
Not open for further replies.