West Coast Boomboxery Meet July 28th, 2012 PICTURE HEAVY

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lasonic TRC-920

Feb 16, 2010
Naples, Italy
WOW, what a day...

First and foremost...THANK YOU MELVIN MellyMelsr for hosting this at your house and being so welcoming, Food, Drinks, tables, tents... ELECTRICITY! Everything we needed to do this right!

Head Count:
Mellymelsr
Reli
Superduper
MasterBlaster84
LasonicTRC-920
Mrs Lasonic TRC-920

Box Count:
I lost count :w00t: :yes: :lol:

What a great bunch of guys....Every Grail was there on display. There were some head to head call outs, some real surprises and lots of smiles.

The pictures and video say it all...

[youtube]35bVzPAMoY8[/youtube]

[youtube]qxdsaL1z_SI[/youtube]

It was a great day for sure, made a radio trade with Reli....more on that coming soon!

Thanks again everyone...you all ROCK! :rock:

redbenjoe

I Am Legend
May 6, 2009
florida
skippy1969 said:
AWESOME!!!!!! :w00t: :thumbsup: :surf:
Looks like a Superduper great time.......... :superduper:
Thanks for the great photos......... :smooch:
====================

first time ever -- speechless :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :drool: :drool: :drool: :thumbsup: :agree: :breakdance:

hardmen

Member (SA)
Jul 20, 2010
Brazil
www.instagram.com
jimmyjimmy19702010 said:
Wow!!! I wish I could have been there! All those radios between 6 people!! Imagine if 20 people turned up!! :-P

James... :-)
Thats what I thinking.... ...six guy´s and LOTS of great radios!!!! :drool:
That Crown in leather, it´s a good sounding boomer???

Stunning pics!!! :yes: :yes:

Cheers...

Superduper

Member (SA)
I think Reli and Mellymelsr are still at it. The rest of us called it a night.

I want to take this time to give a big THANK YOU to Mellymelsr for his generosity and hospitality for the refreshements, and allowing the space to make this happen, without which we would still be hoping for a future reality. Instead, we are now looking forward to West Coast meet #2. All in all, everyone had a blast.

Superduper

Member (SA)
Reli's prize was this cool portable disc player. :hmmm:

MasterBlaster84's prize was this ultra cool Pioneer SK-900 model toy.... the only boombox ever to have it's own mini-me model: :w00t: :thumbsup:

But Mellymelsr hit the jackpot because he was allowed TWO prizes. And he ended up with TWO zonks! What are the chances of that? :w00t: :-O :grim:

Superduper

Member (SA)
Member BMoney was unable to attend. But he did send his awesome Toshiba S90 here to represent him. It did not have the oomph of some of the heavy hitters but it's beauty is incomparable and at moderate listening levels, this model produces excellent bass. Mellymelsr thought that his Sanyo M-X920 had better bass so he had to put his up side/side to compare. Turns out the Sanyo had a litle more power and better highs, but the S90 took bass honors in this side/side comparo.

Superduper

Member (SA)
Definitely one of the most unusual boxes there was My James Bond styled suitcase Crown boombox. Folded up, you could not tell it was a boombox. In fact, when Lasonic920 helped me carry this in, little did he realize the covert true identity of the contents; he didn't even give it any table space and put it on the floor. He thought it was my tool box..... he was totally fooled. :w00t: :lol: :lol: Lasonic920 = convinced this was a toolbox means = spy boombox success! :thumbsup:

Superduper

Member (SA)
In response to THAT result, Mellymelsr said...

"Well, we need to give that UHER some real REAL competition" and promptly lugged his minty Sony FH-207 out.

The result?..........

Piercing volume that made Reli's ears bleed and Thunderous Bass that left us speechless. Well, not really. I mean, we were speaking but you could not hear each other talking. It begs the question: When Melly's FH-207 is cranked full tilt, and a boomboxery member speaks, does he make a sound? The answer is yes, but nobody else can hear you. :lol:

Superduper

Member (SA)
What is it? Who is it? Giselle Bundchen Nakked? Close but no. I mean, she's just as pretty as Giselle. But in fact, all the cameras were snapping for THIS National/Panasonic RX-A5.

No other boombox with a battery compartment wowed everyone like this beauty did. The Sheer Power. The Audiophile like intonations. The ultra tight bass. This boombox produced vocals of such clarity that it sounded like a LIVE audition only 20 times louder! :w00t: :w00t: :w00t: :w00t: :w00t:

After that, it she was promptly arrested, censored, thrown into the dungeon, and the concensus (I dissented and stood behind my [strike]Giselle[/strike].... er Panny) was that this thing was now banned from future events. :lol: :-D :w00t: :thumbsup:

Status
Not open for further replies.