Lasonic TRC-931 Single Antenna?

Status
Not open for further replies.

gsbadbmr

Member (SA)
Apr 2, 2010
Boombox Museum
Last night i picked up a couple of TRC-931's locally...and only just realized that 1 of them only has 1 antenna/antenna base which is original :hmmm: . Does anybody else have 1 of these 931's with only 1 antenna, and not the traditional 2 "rabbit ears"? Either way it's still a nice box :thumbsup:

baddboybill

Member (SA)
Jul 14, 2009
Hudson Florida
This was last model in 89-90 before they changed over to round version with decks ( 3rd edition ).... I believe they tried to make cutbacks to save money. These are actually the the rarer of the 2nd edition models :-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lasonic TRC-920

Feb 16, 2010
Naples, Italy
Wow Bill, your's is super minty fresh.

I still need to get my hands on a 931 (preferred 2nd edition). Need to complete the big boy Lasonic collection! :yes:

baddboybill

Member (SA)
Jul 14, 2009
Hudson Florida
Lasonic TRC-920 said:

I still need to get my hands on a 931 (preferred 2nd edition). Need to complete the big boy Lasonic collection! :yes:
Thanks Chris, I actually got lucky because my brother,sister and friend all had it between 1993, when I got my TRC975, and October of 2008 when I got it back from my buddy who had it sitting in his parents basement. Everything original including antenna and belts...Except pause button which Sinister sold me :-)

It actually cranks louder than 1st and 3rd Edition I have ;-)

Lasonic TRC-920

Feb 16, 2010
Naples, Italy
baddboybill said:
Lasonic TRC-920 said:

Thanks Chris, I actually got lucky because my brother,sister and friend all had it between 1993, when I got my TRC975, and October of 2008 when I got it back from my buddy who had it sitting in his parents basement. Everything original including antenna and belts...Except pause button which Sinister sold me :-)

It actually cranks louder than 1st and 3rd Edition I have ;-)

Amazing it came full circle!

-GZ-

Member (SA)
Oct 8, 2010
Boom Central
I also have a 931 with single antenna....still has the plastic over the graphics too :thumbsup: ...broken function switch though :thumbsdown:

hemiguy2006

Member (SA)
May 5, 2009
gsbadbmr said:
baddboybill said:
Here is one pic. :thumbsup:
[ Image ]
Yup, that's exactly like 1 of the 2 i picked up last night :thumbsup: . I had no idea Lasonic made the TRC-931 with only 1 antenna :blush:
This model has more variations than any other box in creation.
Notice the plastic handle ends as well on that variation.

baddboybill

Member (SA)
Jul 14, 2009
Hudson Florida
hemiguy2006 said:
gsbadbmr said:
baddboybill said:
Here is one pic. :thumbsup:
[ Image ]
Yup, that's exactly like 1 of the 2 i picked up last night :thumbsup: . I had no idea Lasonic made the TRC-931 with only 1 antenna :blush:
This model has more variations than any other box in creation.
Notice the plastic handle ends as well on that variation.
I believe lots of different variations was due to Lasonic having different manufacturers for the products. Plus cutting corners to save money ;-)

Even now the I931 have different types of shells. Some are smooth with shiny coatings and some are rough with flat coatings....

Lasonic TRC-920

Feb 16, 2010
Naples, Italy
baddboybill said:
I believe lots of different variations was due to Lasonic having different manufacturers for the products. Plus cutting corners to save money ;-)

Even now the I931 have different types of shells. Some are smooth with shiny coatings and some are rough with flat coatings....

That's interesting....I didn't know what :huh:

Status
Not open for further replies.