sony cfs 77 opening problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

retrohead

Member (SA)
May 29, 2010
United Kingdom
so guys,how the heck do you open up a sony cfs77?ive took all the screws out the back,double checked they are all out and opened the cassette door.ive stripped off all the sliders that remove on top too-it opens up so much but will not seperate completely :thumbsdown: -im having deck problems and wanted to try and get in there for a little bit of tikering-answers on a post card please!

BoomboxLover48

Member (SA)
Dec 3, 2010
Chicago, IL
monchito said:
Jboogie2384 said:
It's not easy! Pull apart from the bottom at an angle, push from bottom up. Good luck.
:agree: :agree: :agree: :agree: and the cfs-99 opens like that also :yes: :yes:
:agree: :agree: :agree:

Careful...the base slowly comes out and then lifts off from the top! :yes: :yes: Don't forget to eject the cassette door (If I remember correctly) :yes: :yes:

retrohead

Member (SA)
May 29, 2010
United Kingdom
well ive done it-to a degree-and the internal aerial connection is attatched to the handle end!never seen anything like it!!!!!deck keys are all collapsed and jammed up so im really going to have to look at this :sad:

Line Out

Member (SA)
Jul 16, 2012
Finland
It seems that the deck door window/plate has to be removed (pulling up carefully, seems to have latches that are broken on mine), but the door has to be closed.

BoomboxLover48

Member (SA)
Dec 3, 2010
Chicago, IL
Opening is so easy! The speakers and front section easily comes off. The top section is one piece, so don't try to pull those sliders, if you do, it will break. There is no need to pull them. It is a smart design. Slide all sliders all the way down and the front plate assembly with the tuning cord will come out. The tuning knob also is on the front cover. As always remove the cassette door cover. If you need any help I can post pictures.

The only problem is when you put the front top tuning board slider cover, it need some skill to fit the slider covers on top of the sliders. If they are all all the way down, it is pretty easy. I've done it so many times, so anyone can do it.

Line Out

Member (SA)
Jul 16, 2012
Finland
Weird, on mine the tuner assembly stays on the back plate/chassis. And removing the front panel is quite tricky. The tuning knob hits on the top panel making both opening and assembling a small hassle. But yeah, the design of the sliders is quite smart and I like the fact that the cassette door mechanism stays on the mech even if it requires the door to be removed.

Status
Not open for further replies.