Zenith R99...

Status
Not open for further replies.

no_name_maddoxxx

Member (SA)
Jun 17, 2012
Edgewood,IA U.S.A.
Hi,My Zenith R99 has a little issue where it works great for anywhere between 5-30 minutes then the sound slowly crackles and fades completely out.I thought of purchasing another to swap parts from but i can't say that i have the heart to cannibalize one,though i don't believe that the tape deck works on the one that i found for sale.I love the quality of sound that mine produces.I was quite surprised how good it sounded when i brought it home beings that i only payed $8 for it.It worked perfectly for about a year and then started to act up,so it's been a display piece for the past couple of years(it still powers up and plays tapes,just the sound fades). Any help,thoughts or suggestions with either this type of problem or this model of box would be most appreciated.I'd really love to get it back into listening shape! :-)
Thanks,
Brandon

Jboogie2384

Member (SA)
Sep 30, 2010
Queens, New York
:hi: thats a cool one ya got there. I have the same issue with a GE model. I haven't bothered with it yet because I have others to work on but when I do I'll pass it on.

teamstress

Member (SA)
Aug 24, 2009
chicopee, ma, usa
That's funny, my R99 does the same thing on tuner mode. Spent $80 to get it fixed. It worked good for a day and fizzled out again. :bang:
My repair guy replaced a chip in it, but I think there's more wrong with it than that (obviously). In tape or line in mode, three of the leds are always on even when there's no music playing. It could be a cap problem.

no_name_maddoxxx

Member (SA)
Jun 17, 2012
Edgewood,IA U.S.A.
I'd definitely be willing to pay money to get mine fixed but the closest place to get it worked on is over 100 miles away and the guy wants $150 just to look at it! :-/ If yours does the same thing then maybe it's a faulty part?If it is a capacitor is there possibly a way to test it so that i can replace it?Mine will work great for awhile after it's been unplugged for a long time,i wonder if that's why yours worked for a day?
Thanks,
Brandon

FRizzo17

Member (SA)
Nov 22, 2016
Tape deck works fine on my R99 with sound, But the radio doesnt have any power at all. No sound coming from fm or am, any thoughts?

Status
Not open for further replies.