Status
Not open for further replies.

tyno

Member (SA)
Mar 23, 2012
France
Hi there !
I bought this boombox today

The cassett tape doesn't work; but it doesn't matter.
The problem is that I can't put an ipod on it.
Let me explain : I bought this wire

But when I choose "Phono", I put the sound at the maximum and I ear just a little the ipod !

Thanks for your answers !

I'm french, sorry for my english

tyno

Member (SA)
Mar 23, 2012
France
Ok thanks !
So if i understood well, I can't use the din/jack wire ? I must put the adaptator you show me in this (see the picture)

Zippy

Member (SA)
Sep 21, 2010
Hannover, Germany
I can't confirm 100% - I do have the same Sanyo but it's just for parts. Also, I don't have a phono attenuator, I've only heard they do their job. Maybe there's a trick to make the REC/PB input work. Some boxes require you to record in tape mode (press rec and then pause). Or you cold get a fitting cable for the MIC L/R input.

Maybe someone else has had more expereince with these boxes and auxiliary devices?

tyno

Member (SA)
Mar 23, 2012
France
I tryed to put a jack directly on the "GND", the sound is high but pretty bad.
So you think that if I buy this adaptater, it'll work ?

Chordeater

Member (SA)
Feb 8, 2011
Oviedo, Spain
tyno said:
I tryed to put a jack directly on the "GND", the sound is high but pretty bad.
So you think that if I buy this adaptater, it'll work ?
The adapter works pretty well with all my phono-in boomboxes. BTW, your SANYO M4500LU is a beauty, I always loved that model.

hardmen

Member (SA)
Jul 20, 2010
Brazil
www.instagram.com
I have the same problem with my Akai AJ-490 FS (don´t have AUX input).

Do these test: Connect the cable in the DIN input and the P2 on your Ipod, In your Sanyo, select Tape, press Play and Rec key and see what happens!

Cheers!!!

tyno

Member (SA)
Mar 23, 2012
France
hardmen said:
I have the same problem with my Akai AJ-490 FS (don´t have AUX input).

Do these test: Connect the cable in the DIN input and the P2 on your Ipod, In your Sanyo, select Tape, press Play and Rec key and see what happens!

Cheers!!!

I tryed, but the problem is the same : the sound is low

retrohead

Member (SA)
May 29, 2010
United Kingdom
i used to have the same problem with a sanyo 9990-but the sanyo i had only had the 5 pin din but i notice from picture 2 that there are two proper phono rca plugs-if you have a wire that has 2 proper phone to headphone jack sockets on it that shouldnt be a problem-but if you dont have this particular wire and you go and get one and it doesnt work it will be a waste of money so beware!

Line Out

Member (SA)
Jul 16, 2012
Finland
-Put the Sanyo to "Tape" mode
-Put a non conductive (plastic) rod to the "Remote" hole, to stop motor from running
-Connect the headphone plug to DIN adapter to "REC/PB"
-Play a sound from iPod, put the volume low, start from the minimum
-Press REC on the tape and see what happens. In best case scenario, you should have sound output
-You should also see the meters jumping, adjust the input device volume so the peaks are around -0dB
Quite a few boxes have worked this way, but some of them only work as recorders without any sound output, which is a bit weird.

I haven't had sound quality problems using the DIN AUX. I just have played the connected device at very low volume. Most devices (phones, MP3) don't need volume more than 1-8 steps (depening on the scale and power output). Also not all DIN inputs on boxes have the same sensitivity, some are much more sensitive than others.

Status
Not open for further replies.