199 replies to this topic

#61 Daniel88

Daniel88
  • Members (SA)
  • 32 posts
  • LocationBay area california

Posted 28 June 2012 - 05:15 PM

Im down,
I have bunch of friends that would make it a party. Throw in some girls and we are good. lets do it

#62 hollyrockets

hollyrockets
  • Members (SA)
  • 1,110 posts
  • LocationOlympia, WA

Posted 28 June 2012 - 09:21 PM

If I didn't have previous plans, I would've made it.

:sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad:

#63 THAFUZZ

THAFUZZ
  • Members (SA)
  • 3,418 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 30 June 2012 - 01:28 AM

If I didn't have previous plans, I would've made it.

:sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad:

:sadno: Too bad Holly. I'd love to see Your DiscoLite

#64 mellymelsr

mellymelsr
  • Members (SA)
  • 2,174 posts
  • LocationNorthern Cali

Posted 02 July 2012 - 12:23 PM

About 26 days to go until the meet... :thumbsup: ...wanted to try and get a head count of everyone coming and if you are bringing guests so I know how much food and drinks to prepare. If you all could rsvp this week with a post or pm that would be great...and if anyone needs my phone number or address let me know.

#65 Lasonic TRC-920

Lasonic TRC-920
  • Moderators
  • 14,082 posts
  • LocationNaples, Italy

Posted 05 July 2012 - 01:04 PM

About 26 days to go until the meet... :thumbsup: ...wanted to try and get a head count of everyone coming and if you are bringing guests so I know how much food and drinks to prepare. If you all could rsvp this week with a post or pm that would be great...and if anyone needs my phone number or address let me know.

Still planning on it, Just me and my wife :-D

#66 Lasonic TRC-920

Lasonic TRC-920
  • Moderators
  • 14,082 posts
  • LocationNaples, Italy

Posted 05 July 2012 - 03:28 PM

Just booked our hotel room at the Days Inn Suites in Antioch for Friday and Saturday!

LETS ROCK! :rock: :chris920: :rock:

#67 mellymelsr

mellymelsr
  • Members (SA)
  • 2,174 posts
  • LocationNorthern Cali

Posted 05 July 2012 - 10:43 PM

Just booked our hotel room at the Days Inn Suites in Antioch for Friday and Saturday!

LETS ROCK! :rock: :chris920: :rock:

:thumbsup:

#68 Lasonic TRC-920

Lasonic TRC-920
  • Moderators
  • 14,082 posts
  • LocationNaples, Italy

Posted 06 July 2012 - 11:08 AM

Just woke up this morning and had a terrible dream :

My nightmare was about the meet :-O

In my dream, I showed up and there were some people already there....Of course I really don't know people by face, so I was standing on the back porch kind of mulling around with others...No radio's in sight :thumbsdown:

I went inside and there were a few people on the floor watching TV, a few on the couch, a few in the kitchen eating potato chips. NO RADIOS :nonono: They were all watching some children's show.

Finally, someone says "(such n such) is here and he has a _______ (<----fill in a fake named radio here) with him"

We all ran to go see it and as he was handing it over the wall into the yard some butter fingers let it hit the ground and BANG it shattered :annoyed: :sadno: :sad:

We walked back into the house SUPER depressed. Of course my wife is there primed and ready to kick me while I'm down (ad the voice of the wife from the Honeymooners here)

"So, we had to drive 400 miles to look at one broken radio huh"
"You can't take me on a decent vacation but we can come to see this huh"
"Gonna be lots of radios you've never seen before huh"

After that I walked back into the house where people were still watching the kids TV show and :weed: with a few other guys who were pouting :sad: : I then took my place on the couch |-)

So, with all that said....I'm begging you guys....PLEASE :-O Don't let this horrible nightmare come true :sadno: :sadno:

BRING RADIOS WITH YOU

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
I want to:

:dj-party: :dj-party:
:dj: :dj: :dj:
:stereo: :stereo: :stereo:
:gathering: :gathering: :gathering:

#69 im_alan_partridge

im_alan_partridge
  • Members (SA)
  • 2,975 posts
  • LocationLondon, England.

Posted 06 July 2012 - 02:06 PM

Chris mate, lay off the cheese before bed time :yes:

:-D

#70 Lasonic TRC-920

Lasonic TRC-920
  • Moderators
  • 14,082 posts
  • LocationNaples, Italy

Posted 06 July 2012 - 04:18 PM

Chris mate, lay off the cheese before bed time :yes:

:-D

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :w00t: :hmmm: :thumbsup:

#71 redbenjoe

redbenjoe

I Am Legend

• Eternal Order of Boom
  • 17,995 posts
  • Locationflorida

Posted 06 July 2012 - 04:48 PM

actually chris -- :hmmm:

if at least a few of you cali dudes had better personalities :-P :-P :lol:

you could enjoy a great time with no radios and not even many chips :-O :-D :agree: :breakdance: :superduper:

#72 mellymelsr

mellymelsr
  • Members (SA)
  • 2,174 posts
  • LocationNorthern Cali

Posted 06 July 2012 - 04:55 PM

Great dream, but I can guarantee that won't come true...along with my "junk" collection :superduper: will be bringing a few surprise grails to the festivities... :-D ...by the way Chris if you get to town early and your not too tired give me a buzz and we can get the party started early... :thumbsup:

#73 Reli

Reli
  • Boomus Fidelis
  • 5,607 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 06 July 2012 - 05:56 PM

I'll be bringing a 1-piece box with SEVEN speakers.........my rarest box......

And then my second-rarest box......a 1-piece with only 2 speakers, that somehow manages to sound better than most of my 2-way or 3-way boxes......

#74 redbenjoe

redbenjoe

I Am Legend

• Eternal Order of Boom
  • 17,995 posts
  • Locationflorida

Posted 06 July 2012 - 07:16 PM

reli-
what are they ?

#75 MasterBlaster84

MasterBlaster84
  • Boomus Fidelis
  • 5,083 posts
  • LocationNorthern California

Posted 06 July 2012 - 07:39 PM

Looks like I've got a window in the afternoon so I can at least make it for a few hours. :thumbsup:
I plan on Bringing my Rotel RPM-100, Korean C-100F, Telefunken CR-8200, and Panny RX-C20.
I might bring a fifth box. :hmmm:

#76 Reli

Reli
  • Boomus Fidelis
  • 5,607 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 06 July 2012 - 08:24 PM

reli-
what are they ?

secrets to be revealed once I get a better camera :hmmm:

#77 mellymelsr

mellymelsr
  • Members (SA)
  • 2,174 posts
  • LocationNorthern Cali

Posted 06 July 2012 - 10:00 PM

Looks like I've got a window in the afternoon so I can at least make it for a few hours. :thumbsup:
I plan on Bringing my Rotel RPM-100, Korean C-100F, Telefunken CR-8200, and Panny RX-C20.
I might bring a fifth box. :hmmm:

:thumbsup: ...the more the merrier. Can't wait to hear that Rotel.

#78 Lasonic TRC-920

Lasonic TRC-920
  • Moderators
  • 14,082 posts
  • LocationNaples, Italy

Posted 07 July 2012 - 12:11 AM

Great dream, but I can guarantee that won't come true...along with my "junk" collection :superduper: will be bringing a few surprise grails to the festivities... :-D ...by the way Chris if you get to town early and your not too tired give me a buzz and we can get the party started early... :thumbsup:

I think we can make that happen! :-D

#79 THAFUZZ

THAFUZZ
  • Members (SA)
  • 3,418 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 08 July 2012 - 02:37 PM

I'll Know more after Thursday whether It'll be just Me or the Wifey,etc. I'm still sorting and planning.

#80 mellymelsr

mellymelsr
  • Members (SA)
  • 2,174 posts
  • LocationNorthern Cali

Posted 09 July 2012 - 12:34 PM

I'll Know more after Thursday whether It'll be just Me or the Wifey,etc. I'm still sorting and planning.

...great!!...one good thing about this boombox meet is I am finally getting around to finishing my extensive honey-do list!!...so my wife thanks all of you for that... :-D ...I am really looking forward to this meet, there will be a huge variety of boomboxes, and a long list of grails so let's show them how we do it on the West Coast!!

#81 redbenjoe

redbenjoe

I Am Legend

• Eternal Order of Boom
  • 17,995 posts
  • Locationflorida

Posted 09 July 2012 - 01:03 PM

keep a continuous watch on norm :superduper:

he was only here for 8 hours --
but he ran off with our most choice silverware --
2 picassos --and our 2nd favorite rembrandt

:-O :lol: :w00t: :lol: :super:

#82 Reli

Reli
  • Boomus Fidelis
  • 5,607 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 09 July 2012 - 02:49 PM

I will try to bring about 20 boxes :hmmm:
How many outlets do you have, and how many amps can they put out before your house burns down? :lol:

#83 Lasonic TRC-920

Lasonic TRC-920
  • Moderators
  • 14,082 posts
  • LocationNaples, Italy

Posted 09 July 2012 - 04:26 PM

...great!!...one good thing about this boombox meet is I am finally getting around to finishing my extensive honey-do list!!...so my wife thanks all of you for that... :-D ...I am really looking forward to this meet, there will be a huge variety of boomboxes, and a long list of grails so let's show them how we do it on the West Coast!!

This is going to be GREAT ! ! !

I'm bringing about 15 boxes. The good the bad and the "I use the hell out of it" :lol:

keep a continuous watch on norm :superduper:

he was only here for 8 hours --
but he ran off with our most choice silverware --
2 picassos --and our 2nd favorite rembrandt

:-O :lol: :w00t: :lol: :super:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :annoyed: :thumbsdown:

Norm....I got my Posted Image on you :lol:

I will try to bring about 20 boxes :hmmm:
How many outlets do you have, and how many amps can they put out before your house burns down? :lol:

Should I bring a generator :huh: :hmmm: :lol:

Melly, did you secure a Loud Music permit from the city? :-P

The boys on the east coast are going to have to work hard after this meet!

#84 mellymelsr

mellymelsr
  • Members (SA)
  • 2,174 posts
  • LocationNorthern Cali

Posted 09 July 2012 - 05:44 PM

I think a good way to maximize the variety of the boomboxes we have and keep the duplicates to a minimum we should post the boomboxes we plan on bringing...this will help those traveling to save some space as well... :-D ..I will start with the boomers I have:

JVC M90, M70, Kaboom - Sanyo 920, M9994k, C7 - Sony FH7, FH207 - Prosonic 9962 - Lasonic TRC 931 - Rising 20/20 - GE Blockbuster, 6035 - Aiwa 660 - Wards 3996 - Panasonic DT 680 - Sharp GF800...lets get as much variety as we can!!

#85 mellymelsr

mellymelsr
  • Members (SA)
  • 2,174 posts
  • LocationNorthern Cali

Posted 09 July 2012 - 05:49 PM

I have lots of electrical outlet strips but it looks like I better get some more... :-D ...I have a total of 7 strips and that will power 42 boomboxes...but I can always get more... :yes:

#86 Reli

Reli
  • Boomus Fidelis
  • 5,607 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 09 July 2012 - 07:16 PM

OK, how about:
M9998K
RX5500
Bombeat 8890
GF-9191HB
GF-508ST
GF-305
Crown 850
Aiwa TPR-950 and CS-770AH
GE 3-5286A
And several euros I know nobody else has

#87 mellymelsr

mellymelsr
  • Members (SA)
  • 2,174 posts
  • LocationNorthern Cali

Posted 09 July 2012 - 07:19 PM

I don't know about everyone else but I have a "wish list" of boomboxes I would love to be able to see and listen too. I will list them just in case anyone will be able to bring them...Conion C100F, Panasonic 5350 and 7700, Telefunken Studio M1, Aiwa 880, Fisher PH490, Toshiba S90, Pioneer SK 900 and a Big Ben...that completes my drool list...anyone else have a wish list??... :-D

#88 mellymelsr

mellymelsr
  • Members (SA)
  • 2,174 posts
  • LocationNorthern Cali

Posted 09 July 2012 - 07:21 PM

OK, how about:
M9998K
RX5500
Bombeat 8890
GF-9191HB
GF-508ST
GF-305
Crown 850
Aiwa TPR-950 and CS-770AH
GE 3-5286A
And several euros I know nobody else has

oooh that is a great list, I have been wanting to hear the Aiwa 770 for some time!

#89 MasterBlaster84

MasterBlaster84
  • Boomus Fidelis
  • 5,083 posts
  • LocationNorthern California

Posted 09 July 2012 - 08:49 PM

I don't know about everyone else but I have a "wish list" of boomboxes I would love to be able to see and listen too. I will list them just in case anyone will be able to bring them...Conion C100F, Panasonic 5350 and 7700, Telefunken Studio M1, Aiwa 880, Fisher PH490, Toshiba S90, Pioneer SK 900 and a Big Ben...that completes my drool list...anyone else have a wish list??... :-D

A wish list is a good idea, if anybody else wants to see a certain box post it so those that have one can see about bringing it.

I'm already bringing the Korean version of the C-100F but I can bring a 5350, 7700 or Big Ben if nobody else is. Bringing all of those boxes is going to push my space to keep them safe for the drive so I'd rather not bring them all if anybody has one or two of those boxes.

#90 Reli

Reli
  • Boomus Fidelis
  • 5,607 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 09 July 2012 - 10:42 PM

I have a Studio 1, but 2 of the 6 speakers aren't working.......bad crossover maybe.......Yet it's STILL my best-sounding box :lol: