• This topic is locked This topic is locked
199 replies to this topic

#31 jaetee

jaetee
  • Members (SA)
  • 2,046 posts
  • LocationFlorida's West Coast

Posted 25 May 2012 - 07:12 AM

you fellas need to adhere to the authorized Boomboxery nomenclature:...........

4 members or more is a certified meet
3 is a mini meet
2 is a micro meet
1 is just jackin off

:-)

:lol: :lol:

That meet is going to be :cool: :breakdance: :superduper: :surf: :stereo:

Have fun and take lots of pics and vids for us!!!! :-D

#32 Lasonic TRC-920

Lasonic TRC-920
  • Moderators
  • 14,094 posts
  • LocationNaples, Italy

Posted 25 May 2012 - 10:07 AM

you fellas need to adhere to the authorized Boomboxery nomenclature:...........

4 members or more is a certified meet
3 is a mini meet
2 is a micro meet
1 is just jackin off

:-)

:lol: :lol:

That meet is going to be :cool: :breakdance: :superduper: :surf: :stereo:

Have fun and take lots of pics and vids for us!!!! :-D

Count my wife and I in :-D Unless something BIG happens, I should be there....

Hey Peter (Fresh Produce), maybe we can caravan and I can load up your truck with Grails :lol:

#33 mellymelsr

mellymelsr
  • Members (SA)
  • 2,174 posts
  • LocationNorthern Cali

Posted 25 May 2012 - 11:33 AM

Alright Chris!! It will be great to meet you and your wife. A small list of the boomboxes that will be in attendance...the JVC's-M90, M71, M70, Kaboom, Sanyo 920, 9994k, C7, Rising 20/20, TRC 931, Blockbuster, Sharp GF800, Sony FH-7, FH-207...a few special surprises as well... :-D ...plus whatever you guys want to bring. I look forward to a lot of loud blasting... :yes:

#34 Reli

Reli
  • Boomus Fidelis
  • 5,628 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 25 May 2012 - 11:46 AM

Hope your home electrical system can throw down the watts! Most of mine don't sound as good on batteries :lol:

#35 THAFUZZ

THAFUZZ
  • Members (SA)
  • 3,418 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 25 May 2012 - 12:02 PM

Alright Chris!! It will be great to meet you and your wife. A small list of the boomboxes that will be in attendance...the JVC's-M90, M71, M70, Kaboom, Sanyo 920, 9994k, C7, Rising 20/20, TRC 931, Blockbuster, Sharp GF800, Sony FH-7, FH-207...a few special surprises as well... :-D ...plus whatever you guys want to bring. I look forward to a lot of loud blasting... :yes:

This Box list is great. That way we can manage to bring the boxes with the least duplication (unless they've been customized) to allow for the most variety. Many of us have never seen or heard some of these other grails. :drool: This will make it easier to decide what to bring along in our vehicles with limited space. Man, this will be so cool, to meet the familia and their beloved collection. :yes: I plan to bring (based on what's listed above so far) My Gold Conion TC999, Big Wheely, 975, JVC PC55, and Fisher PH492. That'll barely leave enough space for me. :-D Chris, Your 935 is in better condition than mine. ;-) ;-)

#36 Lasonic TRC-920

Lasonic TRC-920
  • Moderators
  • 14,094 posts
  • LocationNaples, Italy

Posted 25 May 2012 - 12:44 PM

This Box list is great. That way we can manage to bring the boxes with the least duplication (unless they've been customized) to allow for the most variety. Many of us have never seen or heard some of these other grails. :drool: This will make it easier to decide what to bring along in our vehicles with limited space. Man, this will be so cool, to meet the familia and their beloved collection. :yes: I plan to bring (based on what's listed above so far) My Gold Conion TC999, Big Wheely, 975, JVC PC55, and Fisher PH492. That'll barely leave enough space for me. :-D Chris, Your 935 is in better condition than mine. ;-) ;-)

Yeah, this is a great idea....so far, I have never seen damn near everything on that list! :lol: :lol: :lol:

I have to see that Wheely in person....Plus the Blockbuster, 931, TC999....oh just all of them....

I might have a radio or two to bring for trade! :thumbsup:

#37 fresh produce

fresh produce
  • Members (SA)
  • 2,310 posts
  • LocationSunny California

Posted 25 May 2012 - 12:54 PM

Hey Peter (Fresh Produce), maybe we can caravan and I can load up your truck with Grails :lol:

I'm going to need a bigger truck :lol: :lol: :lol: I call dibs on bringing a Jvc RC-550 and Conion C100 :-D

#38 Lasonic TRC-920

Lasonic TRC-920
  • Moderators
  • 14,094 posts
  • LocationNaples, Italy

Posted 25 May 2012 - 01:33 PM

I'm going to need a bigger truck :lol: :lol: :lol: I call dibs on bringing a Jvc RC-550 and Conion C100 :-D

Hell Yeah! Both Monsters!

#39 mellymelsr

mellymelsr
  • Members (SA)
  • 2,174 posts
  • LocationNorthern Cali

Posted 25 May 2012 - 03:28 PM

Hope your home electrical system can throw down the watts! Most of mine don't sound as good on batteries :lol:

...I have pushed the limits on my boom-room in the past. Had 20 boomers connected at once and turned up full blast to see how far the sound would travel... :-D

#40 Lasonic TRC-920

Lasonic TRC-920
  • Moderators
  • 14,094 posts
  • LocationNaples, Italy

Posted 25 May 2012 - 07:49 PM

...I have pushed the limits on my boom-room in the past. Had 20 boomers connected at once and turned up full blast to see how far the sound would travel... :-D

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

#41 Lasonic TRC-920

Lasonic TRC-920
  • Moderators
  • 14,094 posts
  • LocationNaples, Italy

Posted 14 June 2012 - 09:21 PM

Hey Guys....I have cleared my band schedule, talked the wife into going North for the weekend and have decided on the radios I will be taking with me (all of them :lol: )

Are we still doing this?

Hey Fat Dog, any chance you can set us up a West Coast Meet thread?

#42 mellymelsr

mellymelsr
  • Members (SA)
  • 2,174 posts
  • LocationNorthern Cali

Posted 14 June 2012 - 09:28 PM

It is definitely on!! I think I have given everyone who plans to attend my address, if I have missed anyone let me know and I will pm you...the more the merrier... :-D
The event date is July 28th at my house. It will begin around noon, anyone who wants to show up early to help set up or just talk boomers are definitely welcome to do so. I will take care of food and drinks...just bring your boomboxes!! The boomboxes that I know will be there include JVC M90, M71, M70, Kaboom, Sanyo 920, 9994, C7, Sony FH7, FH207, Blockbuster, Panasonic 5350, DT 680, Rising 20/20, Lasonic TRC 931, Wards 3996 Airline just to name a few...and a few surprise boomers... :-D

#43 Lasonic TRC-920

Lasonic TRC-920
  • Moderators
  • 14,094 posts
  • LocationNaples, Italy

Posted 14 June 2012 - 09:36 PM

It is definitely on!! I think I have given everyone who plans to attend my address, if I have missed anyone let me know and I will pm you...the more the merrier... :-D

I don't remember if I got it. Could you send it again please :-D

#44 baddboybill

baddboybill
  • Boomus Fidelis
  • 10,998 posts
  • LocationHudson Florida

Posted 14 June 2012 - 10:45 PM

Lookin forward to lots of pics :-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#45 bklyn sound

bklyn sound
  • Members (SA)
  • 2,317 posts

Posted 15 June 2012 - 02:28 AM

Lookin forward to lots of pics :-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

:agree: should be awesome :thumbsup:

#46 redbenjoe

redbenjoe

I Am Legend

• Eternal Order of Boom
  • 17,995 posts
  • Locationflorida

Posted 15 June 2012 - 09:15 AM

hope // suggest all you cali dudes get respectful for this great event --
and bring better clothes and haircuts
than you usually wear
:-P :lol: :lol: :-P

( and better boxes , also ) :judge: :judge:

#47 Lasonic TRC-920

Lasonic TRC-920
  • Moderators
  • 14,094 posts
  • LocationNaples, Italy

Posted 15 June 2012 - 09:19 AM

than you usually wear

***Mental Note....Must Grow Hair Before Meet****

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

#48 fresh produce

fresh produce
  • Members (SA)
  • 2,310 posts

Posted 16 June 2012 - 08:08 AM

than you usually wear

:agree: way ahead of you I got some fresh gear,fresh cut and a couple new boomboxes. I can't wait I hope there's a big crowd so there's more boxes :thumbsup: :drool: :thumbsup: :drool:

#49 Lasonic TRC-920

Lasonic TRC-920
  • Moderators
  • 14,094 posts
  • LocationNaples, Italy

Posted 16 June 2012 - 11:25 AM

than you usually wear

:agree: way ahead of you I got some fresh gear,fresh cut and a couple new boomboxes. I can't wait I hope there's a big crowd so there's more boxes :thumbsup: :drool: :thumbsup: :drool:

Hey Peter, its great your going...this is going to be so cool. Do you think Mac Daddy Freshness is gonna go?

#50 fresh produce

fresh produce
  • Members (SA)
  • 2,310 posts

Posted 16 June 2012 - 08:11 PM

than you usually wear

Hey Peter, its great your going...this is going to be so cool. Do you think Mac Daddy Freshness is gonna go?

Yeah I was talking to him a couple days ago he's up for the meet :thumbsup:

#51 Lasonic TRC-920

Lasonic TRC-920
  • Moderators
  • 14,094 posts
  • LocationNaples, Italy

Posted 18 June 2012 - 08:23 PM

Yeah I was talking to him a couple days ago he's up for the meet :thumbsup:

BAD ASS!

#52 Lasonic TRC-920

Lasonic TRC-920
  • Moderators
  • 14,094 posts
  • LocationNaples, Italy

Posted 20 June 2012 - 03:43 PM

Man, I am getting excited! I can't wait to see everyone's radios! I have never been to a "Meet" and have only hooked up with a few members once or twice.

Gordie came out to my place once and didn't even have he decenty to bring 8 or 9 Conion's with him :thumbsdown:

I am working on different radio's to get them all dialed in for the trip :-D

Every time I see the guys in Florida and in the Mid West get together I am really jealous! Looks like good times!

I think this is going to ROCK!

I might have a few radio's with me to sell or trade! :w00t:

#53 Reli

Reli
  • Boomus Fidelis
  • 5,628 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 20 June 2012 - 05:15 PM

I'll be bringing a few that none of you have ever seen, or maybe even heard of :yes:

#54 mellymelsr

mellymelsr
  • Members (SA)
  • 2,174 posts
  • LocationNorthern Cali

Posted 20 June 2012 - 05:24 PM

I am definitely looking forward to this. It will be great to be able to put a face to some of the names you see...plus it will probable be the only time the wife let's me blast boomboxes all day without any grief... :-D

#55 Lasonic TRC-920

Lasonic TRC-920
  • Moderators
  • 14,094 posts
  • LocationNaples, Italy

Posted 21 June 2012 - 12:50 AM

I'll be bringing a few that none of you have ever seen, or maybe even heard of :yes:

This is one of the reasons I REALLY want to do this....to see radio's that other wise, I would never get to see!

I am definitely looking forward to this. It will be great to be able to put a face to some of the names you see...plus it will probable be the only time the wife let's me blast boomboxes all day without any grief... :-D

AND....to see all you crazy cats!

I hope your wife doesn't mind if my wife looks for refuge! I know if my wife can find another woman to escape with, this will be a successful trip! :lol: :lol: :lol:

#56 mellymelsr

mellymelsr
  • Members (SA)
  • 2,174 posts
  • LocationNorthern Cali

Posted 21 June 2012 - 04:43 AM

This is one of the reasons I REALLY want to do this....to see radio's that other wise, I would never get to see!

I hope your wife doesn't mind if my wife looks for refuge! I know if my wife can find another woman to escape with, this will be a successful trip! :lol: :lol: :lol:

...I am sure she won't mind. My wife and daughter will be clearing out as soon as the festivities begin... :-D

#57 redbenjoe

redbenjoe

I Am Legend

• Eternal Order of Boom
  • 17,995 posts
  • Locationflorida

Posted 21 June 2012 - 07:18 AM

i cant make the 7000 mile round trip :thumbsdown:
but, still --very excited re this meet :thumbsup:

#58 Lasonic TRC-920

Lasonic TRC-920
  • Moderators
  • 14,094 posts
  • LocationNaples, Italy

Posted 21 June 2012 - 07:46 AM

...I am sure she won't mind. My wife and daughter will be clearing out as soon as the festivities begin... :-D

:lol: :lol: :lol: RUN TO THE HILLS....Here come the Boomboxes :lol: :lol: :lol:

i cant make the 7000 mile round trip :thumbsdown:
but, still --very excited re this meet :thumbsup:

I wish we could have a SUPER MEET one day! :w00t: :hmmm:
Darn Freakin' Big Arse USA :thumbsdown:

#59 redbenjoe

redbenjoe

I Am Legend

• Eternal Order of Boom
  • 17,995 posts
  • Locationflorida

Posted 21 June 2012 - 08:30 AM

make sure you have on display --at least 3 or 4 of them full//actual size stand-up posters of
fatdog --

they are 6' tall by 4' wide :-O :thumbsup: :w00t:

he was all sold out last week--
but have since heard that are back in stock --- :yes:

at the reduced ' inside member' price
:-) :-D :-) :drool:

#60 Lasonic TRC-920

Lasonic TRC-920
  • Moderators
  • 14,094 posts
  • LocationNaples, Italy

Posted 21 June 2012 - 10:49 AM

make sure you have on display --at least 3 or 4 of them full//actual size stand-up posters of
fatdog --

they are 6' tall by 4' wide :-O :thumbsup: :w00t:

he was all sold out last week--
but have since heard that are back in stock --- :yes:

at the reduced ' inside member' price
:-) :-D :-) :drool:

:lol: Good call...and way cheaper than shipping the real thing!