TRC-931 input source question

Status
Not open for further replies.

billyho2222

Member (SA)
Apr 6, 2012
baltimore, md
Does anyone know if the input to an old TRC931 is source selectable inside? I know some of the older boomboxes had different input transformer taps you could use - or even just a switch. If not - is it an easy changeover to put in an old US TRC931 input transformer (IF i can find one) - or do they make an aftermarket transformer of the right size and shape i could use INTERNALLY? i'm not really interested in an external series of plugs.

TRC-911

Member (SA)
Jun 8, 2009
Fort Knox
did you buy the one off ebay that is set up for UK outlets?

if we are talking about power supply, use batteries-that will do
pics would help.

billyho2222

Member (SA)
Apr 6, 2012
baltimore, md
Nah, but I was thinking about buying one from someone that's set up for UK. I'd like to convert it. It wouldn't think it would be hard, but I'm curious if anyone's actually done it

TRC-911

Member (SA)
Jun 8, 2009
Fort Knox
billyho2222 said:
Nah, but I was thinking about buying one from someone that's set up for UK. I'd like to convert it. It wouldn't think it would be hard, but I'm curious if anyone's actually done it
I've never dealt with one. If you do,just use regular batts until you have time for pics etc.

Internals may or may not be different.

I know when my family was in Germany we bought special adapters for th outlets. Youwould plug you american plug into an adapter plate for the EU holes.

$$$ but when we moved stateside we just went back to using the regular plugs.

I may have some reg us transformers etc lying around

but I am thinking the cord may be th only big difference.

Status
Not open for further replies.