Crown 950 disassembley

Status
Not open for further replies.

im_alan_partridge

Member (SA)
Jul 21, 2010
London, England.
I wanted to start stripping down my 950 today for a bit of a clean up and refurb but stumbled at the first hurdle. Ive got 6 case screws + 2 more in the battery compartment out but cant get the unit apart, seems it could be stuck around the deck door. obviously i dont want to force anything, have i missed somthing.

Any help on this please guys.

JVC Floyd

Inactive (Delete)
May 6, 2009
Maryland USA.
im_alan_partridge said:
I wanted to start stripping down my 950 today for a bit of a clean up and refurb but stumbled at the first hurdle. Ive got 6 case screws + 2 more in the battery compartment out but cant get the unit apart, seems it could be stuck around the deck door. obviously i dont want to force anything, have i missed somthing.

the front case comes off so you have to open the deck door to be able to pull the front face off

BoomboxLover48

Member (SA)
Dec 3, 2010
Chicago, IL
JVC Floyd said:
im_alan_partridge said:

the front case comes off so you have to open the deck door to be able to pull the front face off
That's correct! :yes: :yes: Before you loosen and remove all the screws, always leave the cassette deck door open. :yes:

TRC-911

Member (SA)
Jun 8, 2009
Fort Knox
The 950 if s great box, it is also my fave. Yes, it trumps my love for lasonics!!!

I lost mine 8 yearsago, it was minty, My mom thought it was trash!!!
I had it apart for cleaning :'-(

Came home from school and that garbage truck came 2 hours before I got home :'-( :'-( :'-(

Only thing I have from it is the battery cover, and I keep it in my keepsakes box,no joke. :'-(

Keep it safe, and enjoy it, it is one of the best boxes ever made IMHO.
Very stout, sturdy and superb qualitiy in all departments

im_alan_partridge

Member (SA)
Jul 21, 2010
London, England.
Ok here i am one year on and ready to get back into my 950 project.
:-D

Ok the rear case, it looks a bit daunting. How easy is it to get all the guts out ala Just Cruisin's pic above? is it 3? screws on the deck then the screws on the pcbs then the tranny then it will all more or less just lift out? Or is there cut and rejoining of wires involved.

This box is going to get painted. Is there an option of not taking it all apart for paint?
How would i clean and paint without any liquids going inside, theres vents on both sides and the rear. Is this not really an option.

Surely all those guys back in the day didnt rip there boxes apart before spraying them?

Jboogie2384

Member (SA)
Sep 30, 2010
Queens, New York
This is good to know!! I just got this box and I too need to bathe the hell out of it. Not a trailer queen but she still looks good. And I gotta agree with its sound!! It's been told to me that its a broke mans m70. I can't prove it cuz I don't own a m70 so somebody get at me about that please. I'm not a fan of sliders (except on eq's) so that's why I don't own one. Congrats on the score by the way :thumbsup:

im_alan_partridge

Member (SA)
Jul 21, 2010
London, England.
This bad boy is now totally disassembled :thumbsup:

I've got a couple of worrys about putting it back together but cross that bridge later.

Ok, right now I need to know how to get the deck keys off, it looks like they are just covers and pull off?

Anyone know??

Status
Not open for further replies.