Problem with my sharp 9191

Status
Not open for further replies.

tyno

Member (SA)
Mar 23, 2012
France
Hi,
I'm french so i don't speak english well.
I bought a sharp 9191 1 week ago, but I've got some problems :
The left speak is bugging : when i turn the boombox on, the sound from the left is really low. The right speak is OK. What sould i do ?

My second question is how to put a Ipod on it ?

Thanks for your answers !!

tyno

Member (SA)
Mar 23, 2012
France
I mean i know how to put an ipod on it, but when the song that I play with the Ipod got bass, the sound is really bad. I don't have this probleme with the radio, the sound is perfect (expect the left speaker wich plays low)

TW5

Member (SA)
Jun 26, 2010
Might be a bad connection
put a blank tape in and press the record button a few times
also put a earphone plug in the earphone jack a few times
see if that makes the left speaker work.

tyno

Member (SA)
Mar 23, 2012
France
thanks for the answer ! i'm gonna try what you told me. I was just asking what you're saying about "blank tape" ?
by the way : the problem is that left speak works, but the sound is really low

TW5

Member (SA)
Jun 26, 2010
Well the record button will not press down
if there is no tape in it.

ipod - put the eq in the normal position if too much bass.

tyno

Member (SA)
Mar 23, 2012
France
ok so, when i put a earphone a few times but nothing happened. And by the way, on the earphone, the same problem happen : the sound from the left speaker is low

tyno

Member (SA)
Mar 23, 2012
France
i put a tape in, but i can't press the button record. Sorry, i don't have much knowledge about it..

-GZ-

Member (SA)
Oct 8, 2010
Boom Central
turn your bass treble balance volume knobs a couple hundred times....all the way left, then all the way right....back and forth...EDIT: while the unit is off! EDIT 2:...no bass treble knobs....tone knob :lol:
as far as your ipod...turn the ipod eq off or set it to flat....

tyno

Member (SA)
Mar 23, 2012
France
sorry but i don't understand english very well, could you explain me a little bit more precisly please ?

-GZ-

Member (SA)
Oct 8, 2010
Boom Central
tyno said:
sorry but i don't understand english very well, could you explain me a little bit more precisly please ?
VOLUME knob (switch, button) BALANCE knob TONE knob...turn them back and forth many times....that should help clean the potentiometer.....it might help that left channel....
ipod EQUALIZER...turn it OFF...thats why your bass is bad....if your ipod EQUALIZER is on...then your sending too much bass to your 9191
hope that helps....

tyno

Member (SA)
Mar 23, 2012
France
Ok so for my ipod, i've just put the white wire and now the right speaker works perfectly. But the left one is stil low (but less than radio) and the bass are still bad. I did what you told me but it changed nothing

tyno

Member (SA)
Mar 23, 2012
France
i tryed 6 tapes but everytime i can't push the button. What should it do in fact ?

I think that the left speaker is.. dead. Is it easy to change it ?

TW5

Member (SA)
Jun 26, 2010
:hmmm: a repair guy should look at it
I think speaker is ok
it has other problems.

baddboybill

Member (SA)
Jul 14, 2009
Hudson Florida
These are well known for switch problems being on top collecting dirt. You should clean with deoxit or other contact cleaner all switches and pots real good while unit is apart. You need to spray small amount into hole and work each switch and slider back and forth 20+ times. Especially the function and band switch. Good luck

Status
Not open for further replies.