Any idea's on how to repair the display on a jvc pc 55

Status
Not open for further replies.

Radio raheem

Member (SA)
May 13, 2009
uk
Basically i have a few of these bloody things now they all have one thing in common The display prints out garbage ie sections missing on the display :annoyed: I have just recently perchased another, in the auction all seemed fine when it arrived the lamps are blown (no biggie) but the display is unreadable, any ideas thanks cuz this is realy starting to piss me off :annoyed: :-)

Fatdog

Staff member
May 3, 2009
I would think that as long as the liquid crystal isn't "bleeding" out in blobs it should be fixable.

Radio raheem

Member (SA)
May 13, 2009
uk
Good news guys i have one of these (the one i had that collision with) a few months ago, well the display was fine but the deck went all wonky but now it's working fine :thumbsup: all that was damaged was the speaker box but i have replaced that with box off my new one so at least i have 1 fully working one :-) :thumbsup: as for the others :huh:

monchito

Member (SA)
May 5, 2009
pythonville florida
well i can only tell you rim that i remember doing something like that on a fluke multimeter i had to tear it apart where the lcd display is and make sure you do not press on the glass or make any pressure or it will crack very easly :bang: :bang: and then i removed a strip its like a rubber strip and all i did was reposition it back on and put everything back together and it worked now i have never done a lcd from a boombox but have done on other displays :yes: but i belive there are very simular so you could try it to see what happens.....

Status
Not open for further replies.