the inside of a GF-555 help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

rumble_under

Member (SA)
Sep 18, 2011
Australia
i opened up the 555 tonight as the tape decks have never worked. it's a fairly simple build structure and wasn't too scary for even a tech novice such as myself.

the main thing i noticed is that when i pulled the back panel off, there were the two wires for the antennae which can be disconnected so i did. but there was another wire coming out of the middle of the box that looked like it was meant to be connected to something but it is just hanging there. does anyone know where this wire is meant to go to? i feel as though it is something fairly important.

thanks!

baddboybill

Member (SA)
Jul 14, 2009
Hudson Florida
rumble_under said:
i opened up the 555 tonight as the tape decks have never worked. it's a fairly simple build structure and wasn't too scary for even a tech novice such as myself.

the main thing i noticed is that when i pulled the back panel off, there were the two wires for the antennae which can be disconnected so i did. but there was another wire coming out of the middle of the box that looked like it was meant to be connected to something but it is just hanging there. does anyone know where this wire is meant to go to? i feel as though it is something fairly important.

thanks!
You should post pics, it may help better in diagnosing :hmmm:

rumble_under

Member (SA)
Sep 18, 2011
Australia
you are right. i'll post back with pics. i tried to follow the service manual but it didn't make a whole lot of sense.

thanks bill!

Status
Not open for further replies.