• This topic is locked This topic is locked
35 replies to this topic

#31 BoomboxLover48

BoomboxLover48
  • Boomus Fidelis
  • 5,254 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL

Posted 28 June 2015 - 06:02 PM

I also have had at least 12-15 680s& 690s..and tried all the speaker tests as described above..with the same results..680 always comes out on top for bass, and (w/ no intention to flip the thread around), the high end always seemed a bit better on the 690..So, it seems theres a tradeoff here involved..low end for highend, or high end for low end- whichever way you look at it.I Love both boxes and the tape players on the 690 definitely work better- I still regularly use the rec timers on the 690,then transfer my recordings to cd.To go even further with this- look at the different cobra rx dt flip tops.Boy do they all sound different as the years passed and they went thru their various changes. What we really need is a Panasonic tech that worked from era to chime in.Anyways, love the Rx's!

Well said! Yes we need those techs. :yes:  :yes:

In the day and age of full remote control and IPhone app one should come with a boombox made like a tank and with lots of features.

A TESLA boombox!

#32 littleb

littleb
  • Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 06 July 2015 - 09:37 PM

Well said! Yes we need those techs. :yes:  :yes:

In the day and age of full remote control and IPhone app one should come with a boombox made like a tank and with lots of features.

A TESLA boombox!

....yes to that!..another note on those 680s and 690s; I know a few state of the art protools
recording studios that still use the 680 & 690 for an occasional reference when demoing.Now that's one of the best plugs you can get for a 25yr+ old boombox!

#33 Cpl-Chronic

Cpl-Chronic
  • Members (SA)
  • 1,978 posts
  • LocationWindsor, Ontario, CANADA

Posted 07 July 2015 - 11:32 AM

Sounds like I should get a good working 680 to add to the collection for sure...thanx for the info guys...

Cpl

#34 ford93

ford93
  • Members (SA)
  • 2,766 posts
  • LocationFormer New Yorker

Posted 07 July 2015 - 05:29 PM

The only problem with these is the CD player tends to malfunctioned. I've had three all with the same dilemma.

I still have my original 680 which I bought at the Wiz in NYC. I haven't had my tech look at it to see whats causing this. Someday I'll take care of it.

#35 littleb

littleb
  • Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 07 July 2015 - 11:01 PM

I guess ive been lucky on the cd end  for the 680, but ive had my share of tape deck issues. Usually the belts.I don't have near as many belt problems w/ the 690.

#36 The Box of Boom

The Box of Boom
  • Members (SA)
  • 333 posts
  • LocationSydney/Australia/Earth

Posted 08 July 2015 - 08:32 PM

I just wish the CD wasn't dead on mine :(