Getting Into Shape...NO More Junk!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

gsbadbmr

Member (SA)
Apr 2, 2010
Boombox Museum
Well, after my busy work season, and after my trip to Vegas & LA...eating an all American diet for 10 days...i managed to hit a whopping 200LBS :-O . I've had enough...since i've been back i've managed to drop 20LBS...simply by eating healthy. Starting Monday...i will be working out regularly, doing LOTS of Cardio, kickboxing and i want to get my 6 pack back :thumbsup: . I will be 43 in January...and i want to be in the BEST shape of my life by April 2012.

I was consuming roughly between 6000-8000 calories per day, sometimes more...i've dropped it down now to 1/3 of that, and i can genuinely say...since eating the right foods, and cutting out ALL the junk foods, restaurants, chocolate, potato chips, cookies & soda etc......i feel so much better and have lots more energy. :thumbsup:

I figured i would post this, as an incentive to others that might be, or feel the same way as i do...YES YOU CAN DO IT :thumbsup:

blu_fuz

Staff member
Jun 3, 2009
WI
I just hit 220# and it's depressing. I went from hard, physical, factory work and 175# to working in an office and now in 3 years have gotten up to 220# :nonono: .

I am noticing everyday things that seem to get harder with the added weight :dunce: .

gsbadbmr

Member (SA)
Apr 2, 2010
Boombox Museum
blu_fuz said:
I just hit 220# and it's depressing. I went from hard, physical, factory work and 175# to working in an office and now in 3 years have gotten up to 220# :nonono: .

I am noticing everyday things that seem to get harder with the added weight :dunce: .
:-O

fuz...i know how you feel. I'm being honest when i say...that if you cut out ALL junk, and eat properly you can lose weight, without exercise, and trust me, you will feel a lot better, and look better when you get out of the shower and look at yourself in the mirror :-D

petergriffin

Member (SA)
May 11, 2009
Hey Gord, I'm with you on this! I'm about 225 now, bulky. Trying to get to 200 by Summer. Want to see some abs.

This is me about at 225, no Joke. Been working out for 28 years now. All natural. Hopefully I can be more ripped this summer.

blu_fuz

Staff member
Jun 3, 2009
WI
I don't really drink any soda. Maybe one or two cans a week. I wish I had a more active job :-/

Breakfast
-16-20oz coffee with french vanilla creamer

Lunch (I usually do subway 3x a week and throw in one or the other for the other 2 working days)
-subway foot long
-Mac D's Mc Chicken or Mc Double with small fry and water
-Culvers cheeseburger snack pack (small fry and small rootbeer)

Dinner
-some kind of home cooked dinner for most the week, ie; hamburger helper, la choy, pizza, roast, chicken, or whatever we have

Me current:

Before: (look at my 8 pack!)

petergriffin

Member (SA)
May 11, 2009
Fuz, you really need to cut out that junk you eat for lunch. Make your own lunch. Chicken breast, fish, lean meats. Veggies. Same goes for dinner. Drink lots of water. Eat a healthy Breakfast, breakfast is the most important meal of the day. And subway is not healthy for you. all those cold cut have really bad nitrates for preservatives. Plus the high sodium. Bad for your heart man.

gsbadbmr

Member (SA)
Apr 2, 2010
Boombox Museum

Pete...you're freakin BUILT :thumbsup: That is a LOT of hard work, and proper dieting for sure! That's amazing :thumbsup:

blu...i'm no expert by any means...but i do know that packaged/processed foods are just about the worst thing for you...i now try and eat fresh/raw foods that i prepare myself. You could very easily trim down from your current pic with a real proper diet, and throw in some exercise...you'll be back to your old self :thumbsup:

***For the record...9 years ago when my wife was pregnant with our son...we BOTH got huge...my wife was 5 foot 2", 195LBS, and i got up to 215LBS...we tended to EAT JUNK all the time throughout her pregnancy :lol:

I find the problem i have, is losing my fat where i want to lose it :thumbsdown:

bill

Member (SA)
May 5, 2009
Vancouver
Lol :-D you guys are lightweights.. At 325 I constantly think about the wieght and it's effects on me. Honestly tho I am not the out of shape. I can still hit the mat and do fifty good ones and for a guy my size that's a feat. I really would like to loose some of the muscles along with some of the chub but if not so be it. I haven't cycled much this year but for a while I was riding 40-60 miles five days a week. This year I walked a hour most days and lifted wieghts for 45 minutes everyday doing circuit training. I'm pretty much thinking to toss the meat for the next year and see if I can loose any of my wieght and size. Seriously whenever I go to a doctor the first question they ask is if I take steroids. I hate it but I love being strong . I'm 45 now and honestly while I would like to drop a few waist sizes I'm pretty happy with how I've aged. There's a lot of things that would stress me out more if I had them than being a bit on the large side. I mean I've been skinny and to be honest I'd rather be the size I am now. :-) :-) :-D I mean being able to dead lift almost 850 lbs is something I'm pretty happy about.

bill

Member (SA)
May 5, 2009
Vancouver
Gordie it's a couple years old but my arms are actually bigger now so are my shoulders lol

I also cut the locks off

Last year

This is my wife's screensaver at work lol.

Yes I am 325 :-) lol

gsbadbmr

Member (SA)
Apr 2, 2010
Boombox Museum
bill said:
Gordie it's a couple years old but my arms are actually bigger now so are my shoulders lol

[ Image ]

I also cut the locks off

Last year [ Image ]

This is my wife's screensaver at work lol. [ Image ]

Yes I am 325 :-) lol

Bill, if you move to Montreal i can probably hook you up with all kinds of "door-man" work at clubs :thumbsup: ...and if you do end up moving to Montreal, and want to come over to my place PLEASE give me at LEAST 2 weeks notice so that i can figure out a way to get you into my house :thumbsup: :lol:

bill

Member (SA)
May 5, 2009
Vancouver
I'm still hoping that move is gonna be a go lol. I also think I'd make a bad doorman . I'm not good around belligerent people lol. I've got a lot of tolerance for things but dickheadery is not one of them. When ever I play a show someplace people automatically assume I am a bouncer :lol: :-D

baddboybill

Member (SA)
Jul 14, 2009
Hudson Florida
So far I've lost 10-15Lbs and down to 210@6'1" :thumbsup: but probably gained it all back tonight with 3 big burgers and 2 zingers :lol: :lol: Keep up the healthy eating because it does work... Oh and lots of sex :thumbsup: that helps me ;-)

bill

Member (SA)
May 5, 2009
Vancouver
petergriffin said:
Hey Gord, I'm with you on this! I'm about 225 now, bulky. Trying to get to 200 by Summer. Want to see some abs.

This is me about at 225, no Joke. Been working out for 28 years now. All natural. Hopefully I can be more ripped this summer.
[ Image ]

Peter you look like badder assed bolo yeung . Cool!!!! :surf:

redbenjoe

I Am Legend
May 6, 2009
florida
one day --about 6 years ago -
i tried eating right --for the whole entire day - :-O

even went all out --and left my golf cart alone -
and walked 1/2 mile - in the sand - yikes...

when that day was over --
i had lost a pound -
but that was all in the shrinkage :'-( :sadno: :-)

gsbadbmr

Member (SA)
Apr 2, 2010
Boombox Museum
baddboybill said:
So far I've lost 10-15Lbs and down to 210@6'1" :thumbsup: but probably gained it all back tonight with 3 big burgers and 2 zingers :lol: :lol: Keep up the healthy eating because it does work... Oh and lots of sex :thumbsup: that helps me ;-)
:thumbsup:

I have to admit it...i LOVE junk food...but, i've reached the point where i want to try and stay fit and feel good about myself. My wife also had really blown up 2 years ago...then she lost just over 50 lbs over a 1 year period...then gained back 20lbs...now we are both on this health kick. How long will it last...who knows...but i will try and keep going like this as long as i can, because i feel great :-D

Status
Not open for further replies.