The Most Offensive Thread Of All Time ! ! !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lasonic TRC-920

Feb 16, 2010
Naples, Italy
OK, I'm going to do it.... :-O

I'm starting what could potentially be the most offensive thread of them all :thumbsdown:

This thread is Not for the weak of heart.... :nonono:

The thread is...... :-O :-O :-O :-O

WHAT IS YOUR LEAST FAVORITE "BRAND" OF BOOMBOX AND WHY?

:-O :-O :-O :-O :-O :-O :-O :-O :-O :-O :-O :-O :-O :-O :-O :-O :-O :-O :-O

First I want to say, as bad as it is, most of the time what turns me on about ANY radio is it's looks! If it catches my eye I WANT IT!

Of course this can lead you down the path of Crappy Performance, but it is give and take.

There are radio's out there that I'm sure are "Great Performers" and I will never hear ANY of them because I can't drag myself past the crappy design.

But for me, there is one brand (here it comes) that every time I see even the name (oh gawd....) I just have to look away!

I am sure they sound great, but I hate the way every single one of them looks and there for I steer away every time I see one....

and that is....

SONY!

I can't stand their designs! They BORE me to death. The designs are "Safe" and "Corporate". Especially the ones with slanted top controls and dials, PUKE! :sick: Nope, Not for me! :no: :nonono:

EXAMPLE:

So... obviously I have offended MANY fan's of this brand of radio and I'm sure all the LASONIC haters are going to put me in their cross hairs :annoyed: ....that's ok, this is all about YOUR PERSONAL tastes (plus you will be offending the other Lasonic Head's in the forum, so have at it! :lol: :-P )

Your turn....what brands do you avoid like the plague?

***Disclaimer, I have nothing personal against any Sony collectors and fans***

saxonman

Member (SA)
Jul 7, 2010
Iceni tribe the UK
without a doubt hands down any of them dam black box's lasonic/crown all that jazz and them discolite 777 look alike hate them so maybe vela that sort of aka oooo it's just really the sound not so much on lasonic but still the black look is just not me

blu_fuz

Staff member
Jun 3, 2009
WI
saxonman said:
without a doubt hands down any of them dam black box's lasonic/crown all that jazz and them discolite 777 look alike hate them so maybe vela that sort of aka oooo it's just really the sound not so much on lasonic but still the black look is just not me
You are going to BURN in h...... eh nevermind :-O

:lol:

gsbadbmr

Member (SA)
Apr 2, 2010
Boombox Museum
blu_fuz said:
saxonman said:
You are going to BURN in h...... eh nevermind :-O

:lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol:

baddboybill

Member (SA)
Jul 14, 2009
Hudson Florida
:lol: :lol: this is a great thread Chris. :agree: with you about Sony. For a long time I disliked them. I don't even remember seeing one of their boxes as a kid. But I mostly hated the car audio and the home audio. I do however love some of their WM Walkman lines ( WM-10, WM2, WM-F10.....) But I do have to say since owning two of their bbx's that it's not that bad ;-) As for Lasonics you know my feelings... I own 11 :lol: so I guess I'm going to have to say Coby is the worst looking and sounding products :-O :-D

2steppa

Member (SA)
May 11, 2009
Sunny Eastern England
I know they're revered here (with good reason) but I really find the 'upside down' Panasonics a visual turn off :thumbsdown:

But I'd still be tempted if one called out to me :thumbsup:

saxonman

Member (SA)
Jul 7, 2010
Iceni tribe the UK
i shouldn't really complain really as i own 2 but still don't like them big empty box's that is (not lasonic!!) I remember the vela discolite or what ever they were in our local leccy shop I picked one up once and quickly put it down when i realised boombox's were not comin back how they were in the late 70's early 80's i think that put me off for life !

im_alan_partridge

Member (SA)
Jul 21, 2010
London, England.
saxonman said:
You really dont like the big black hollow boxes do you :lol:

I'll give you my opionion of a discolite tomorrow ;-)

Reli

Member (SA)
Dec 24, 2010
USA
Lasonic TRC-920 said:
SONY!

I can't stand their designs! They BORE me to death. The designs are "Safe" and "Corporate". Especially the ones with slanted top controls and dials, PUKE! :sick: Nope, Not for me! :no: :nonono:

EXAMPLE:
[ Image ]
You picked the wrong model to describe as boring. That is a CFS-85 / CFS-V8. It might look boring in that photo, but you do realize that if you remove the speaker covers, it's a whole different look? Nobody else ever made a design like that. Hardly what I'd call "safe".

Don't get me wrong, Sony isn't my favorite, but IMO their designs were some of the most unique, and the most independant. For proof, Google the CFS-F5, the CFS-99, the CFS-920, and the CFS-88. Sony never copied anyone, and nobody copied Sony either, because they were too chicken to.

You want "safe" and "boring", that's GE in my opinion.

Lasonic TRC-920

Feb 16, 2010
Naples, Italy
Reli said:
Lasonic TRC-920 said:
SONY!

EXAMPLE:
[ Image ]
You picked the wrong model to describe as boring. That is a CFS-85 / CFS-V8. It might look boring in that photo, but you realize that if you remove the speaker covers, it's a whole different look? Nobody else ever made a design like that. Hardly what I'd call "safe".

Don't get me wrong, Sony isn't my favorite, but IMO their designs were the most unique, and the most independant. For proof, Google the CFS-F5, the CFS-99, the CFS-920, and the CFS-88. Sony never copied anyone, and nobody copied Sony either, because they were too chicken to.

sony cfs-f5

Lasonic TRC-920

Feb 16, 2010
Naples, Italy
Reli said:
Lasonic TRC-920 said:
SONY!

EXAMPLE:
[ Image ]
You picked the wrong model to describe as boring. That is a CFS-85 / CFS-V8. It might look boring in that photo, but you realize that if you remove the speaker covers, it's a whole different look? Nobody else ever made a design like that. Hardly what I'd call "safe".

Don't get me wrong, Sony isn't my favorite, but IMO their designs were the most unique, and the most independant. For proof, Google the CFS-F5, the CFS-99, the CFS-920, and the CFS-88. Sony never copied anyone, and nobody copied Sony either, because they were too chicken to.

sony cfs-f5....nope...not me :-/ :no:

Reli

Member (SA)
Dec 24, 2010
USA
Photo stolen from stereo2go. Sony CFS-V8 with its covers REMOVED. Talk about a killer design, IMO.

Reli

Member (SA)
Dec 24, 2010
USA
Lasonic TRC-920 said:
[ Image ]
It might not be for you, but I don't think it could be called "safe".

"Safe" would be to just copy what everyone else was doing, which was 2 round speakers with the cassette in the middle.

When I think of "safe" and "conservative", I think of stuff like M70, M90, Blockbuster, 9494, 9595, or pretty much any Radio Shack, even that one with the super-long LED's.......In fact, now that I mention it, Radio Shack and GE tie for the most "safe and conservative" IMO :-P

docs

Member (SA)
Jun 26, 2010
United Kingdom
Reli said:
Lasonic TRC-920 said:
[ Image ]
It might not be for you, but I don't think it could be called "safe".

"Safe" would be to just copy what everyone else was doing, which was 2 round speakers with the cassette in the middle.

When I think of "safe" and "conservative", I think of stuff like M70, M90, Blockbuster, 9494, 9595, or pretty much any Radio Shack, even that one with the super-long LED's.......In fact, now that I mention it, Radio Shack and GE tie for the most "safe and conservative" IMO :-P
And back on thread topic what are the ones you DON'T like :lol: :-P :-P :yes:

For me its a tough one since I like a lot of boxes from different brands though some models in all brands are a bit crap imho. If I was cornered and had to say or have my teeth pulled it would have to be the lower cheaper Hitachi models that just have nothing to give whatsoever for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.