JVC PC-55 digital display

Status
Not open for further replies.

AZA

Member (SA)
May 9, 2009
Down Under
Ok. I have 2 PC-55's with digital displays.

So i have a few questions please.

Firstly one display works quite well but just one of the little sectional
crystal displays has stopped working on the counter. Is it possible to
repair that on its own ?? Also the backing light is dull. Is there 1 light
for display or 2 ? and are they easy to replace/repair ??

On my other PC-55 the display is completely out of wack ! It makes no
sense at all and reads all wrong.
Is that repairable or am i screwed :lol:

Thanks

JVC Floyd

Inactive (Delete)
May 6, 2009
Maryland USA.
the most likely problem with the digits fading is the ribbon wires like to separate from the connector on the digital display and they are very hard to re attach .

secondly the back light for the display is hard to get out and change the lamps because and more fiddling you do to take it out makes the ribbon wire connection want to separate further .

AZA

Member (SA)
May 9, 2009
Down Under
JVC Floyd said:
the most likely problem with the digits fading is the ribbon wires like to separate from the connector on the digital display and they are very hard to re attach .

secondly the back light for the display is hard to get out and change the lamps because and more fiddling you do to take it out makes the ribbon wire connection want to separate further .
Thanks for the info Floyd.

Is that the same ribbon wire that goes into the back of the battery compartment ??

JVC Floyd

Inactive (Delete)
May 6, 2009
Maryland USA.
AZA said:
JVC Floyd said:

Is that the same ribbon wire that goes into the back of the battery compartment ??

no it's inside the cassette deck on a board mounted just behind the digital display .

Reactions: Ghettoboom767

AZA

Member (SA)
May 9, 2009
Down Under
JVC Floyd said:
AZA said:
JVC Floyd said:

no it's inside the cassette deck on a board mounted just behind the digital display .
Ok thanks.
Perhaps i will give my repair guy a shot at it. Hopefuly he cant/wont make it any worse :'-(

Ghettoboom767

Member (SA)
May 6, 2009
USA
I did the top bulb,there are 2. The bottom bulb is much harder to get to. I didn't dare dig down that deep.

JVC Floyd

Inactive (Delete)
May 6, 2009
Maryland USA.
My advice is if the boombox works leave the display alone , you can replace the back light for the digital display after some work and worry the problem is the wires at the bottom of the backlight PC board are really short which makes it hard to remove, I cut the wires to make it easier remove , also be aware of the plastic clips that hold the backlight PC board on are easy to break.

Status
Not open for further replies.