For you guys missing the Conion C100 trim...

Status
Not open for further replies.

mmcodomino

Member (SA)
Mar 5, 2010
Berlin, Germany
www.myradio.berlin
We have been doings lots of technical drawing at university recently and I really enjoy it so today I sat down and thought of how I can use my newly accquired skills ( :lol: ) to do somehting useful for the boombox community.
Well, after 2 hours, this was finished:

I guess it will not appear in scale on here but if you give me your email addrss i can send a PDF version to you. :yes:
Now here is the cool thing:
It is 100% on scale and has been overdone a few times to fully fit the original trim. I had a paper cut out put on mine and boy, if it was brushed silver optic, nobody would see any difference.

So here is what you do:
Get this: http://www.d-c-fix-shop.de/metallic-brush-8186.html
Cut it to a size that fits your printer.
Glue it either on thin sheet metal (would not recommend that) or on thick plastic or thick paper (would recommend plastic actually)
Be careful to make the bent side of the cassette key trim come out right...carelly cut the plastic lightly to be able to fold it.
Use double-sided tape to attach it to the box...it will be removable easily again but also holds on tight for quite a while. :yes:

Now you have no excuse to not make your C100s looks beautiful again :-D

I am also working on a full front to print out on this brushed metal sticker stuff. Who knows? Maybe this is the way to go custom without ruining the box permanentaly? :-D

blu_fuz

Staff member
Jun 3, 2009
WI
Max, I kid you not - I just stopped at a local screen printing place to have give me a price on printing on some brushed aluminum trim :w00t: :yes: :lol: .

Only problem was trying to get the trims cut properly :-/ . I like the plastic and sticker idea :thumbsup:

blu_fuz

Staff member
Jun 3, 2009
WI
Awwwww yeah max :thumbsup: . I have my conion at work so I can't test until monday, but I am 99% sure I will be printing one of these :yes: .

mmcodomino

Member (SA)
Mar 5, 2010
Berlin, Germany
www.myradio.berlin
blu_fuz said:
Awwwww yeah max :thumbsup: . I have my conion at work so I can't test until monday, but I am 99% sure I will be printing one of these :yes: .
Very glad to help :-D

Actually I am trying to reproduce the cassette key trim area for mine too...it has been re attattached once and is only 80% mint :-P
Got all the supplies at home depot today and am trying to make one good set :-)

Status
Not open for further replies.