Sanyo M9860 idler tire(s)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Macdude443

Member (SA)
May 21, 2009
Johnstown, PA
Anyone know what size idler tire is on the playback side of the mech? Mine is all cracked. Also, is there supposed to be a tire of some sort on the flywheel for the FF/REW? Currently it's metal-on-plastic and the FF/REW are slipping. The mechanism looks very similar to that used in the 9935K. I don't have that one with me here so I can't check if they're the same. FM is also weak and has a hum/buzz. AM is fine.

Macdude443

Member (SA)
May 21, 2009
Johnstown, PA
Well, using my handy measure-a-belt tool, it looks as though the tire was roughly 9/16" inner diameter with a thickness of .062". Outer diameter is either ~2cm or .75" if I remember the gauge correctly.

Since I have to wait for postage, I decided I'd get a quick fix from Ace Hardware. They have a nice selection of O-rings for roughly $0.49 each. Found one that fit nicely. Plays great. Also, I added three to the flywheel. There must have been something rubber on there before, as she rewinds and fast forwards like a champ now. These tricks should also apply to the 9935K, as I mentioned before. If anyone is curious, square belt sizes are 10.0" for the flywheel and 5.4" for the auto-stop.

Status
Not open for further replies.