Problems with JVC DC-7 and Sharp VZ-2000

Status
Not open for further replies.

irn-bru

Member (SA)
Sep 21, 2011
New Zealand
Hi everyone, just got a couple of questions for you all regarding a) the linear tracking mechanism on a JVC DC-7 and b) a potential microswitch problem with a Sharp VZ-2000.

Firstly the JVC. I have had mine for about a year now, and love it. It always gets people talking and reminiscing. A problem is starting to develop however and i need help! The arm that holds the needle for the record player is getting slower and slower at moving into position to start playing a record, and moving back to the inside of the unit in order to stop the turntable spinning. I have opened up the unit and am guessing it has something to do with the worm gear that drives the arm or loose rubberband belt that dirves another gear. Has anyone else had these issues? It appears to be quite tricky to get to the area of the unit to properly get to these two operations. Does anyone have some advice?

Next, I am thinking about splaching out on a Sharp VZ-2000. I hear that they are prone to issues but think that the look of the things out weighs such problems! The one that I am thinking of getting is currently not going, but potentially could just have a micro switch problem? Are they easy to get? I have had a quick search on google and nothing seemed to come up. Also, even if i could get one are they possible to replace? Again, any advice here would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

Bruno

Status
Not open for further replies.