We're Having A Meet Up In Melbourne! Who's Coming??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gluecifer

Member (SA)
May 6, 2009
Belmont, Australia
Myself and Rich sony_apm_ fan have been doing a bit of plotting and we'd thought it's time to get some action going for the inaugral Australian blastfest!

So, when?

We're going to be doing it the weekend of the 29th and 30th of October. Which is the weekend of the Melbourne Cup (it's on the Tuesday, though it's possible for it to be the weekend after the Melbourn Cup too, I imagine).

Where?

At Rich's place on the outskirts of Melbourne, he'll be able to divulge some more details soon.

What's going on?

I'm going to head up there and cart a few choice boxes and I hope a few of you guys in .au will be able to do the same. There's nearby accommodation at motels and hotels and easy access to transport (Rich will explain all this I'm sure.

So, who's going to stand up and be counted?? Let GO rockers!!

Rock On.

shane higgins

Member (SA)
Dec 3, 2010
Perth, Western Australia
sorry october is out for me
me and arron spoke today and it looks like we mite be over in jan
but more than likely just poping around for a pepsi (for me) and a beer (for arron)

i think we need to see who is home after xmas and whos on a vacation thingy
but remember theres always room over here and a good few hundred boxes to see

AZA

Member (SA)
May 9, 2009
Down Under
As i have always said i will do my best to get to any official boombox meet
that we finally have here in Australia. I havent been collecting all these years
to miss out on our very first Boombox Meet :-/

But i would like to see some dates that suit almost all interested parties and so far
this never seems to work out :hmmm:

It would be a shame for example if say 10 of us where keen but the dates only worked for just 4
of us.

I can do the weekend mentioned, the weekend after would have been even better for me too though.
So how does everyone else stand ?????????

jaetee

Member (SA)
May 5, 2009
Florida's West Coast
A trip to Australia is on our bucket list.... I would love to coordinate that with the Australian Grand Prix and a meet sometime...

But that will have to wait for us until our little guy is a fair bit older and we've saved up some money. Florida to Australia is a very long and expensive trip.

Good luck getting together, guys!!!!!

tshorba

Member (SA)
May 10, 2009
South West Victoria
jaetee said:
A trip to Australia is on our bucket list.... I would love to coordinate that with the Australian Grand Prix and a meet sometime...

But that will have to wait for us until our little guy is a fair bit older and we've saved up some money. Florida to Australia is a very long and expensive trip.

Good luck getting together, guys!!!!!

the Au Grand Prix might not be around for much longer, TV rights and race times are killing it. If it was to survive it would have to be a night race which won't happen due to noise etc.. + we loose a truckload of money every time it is run.

I used to live 2 mins walk to the track and I would leave home for the week due to the noise. The problem is the track is in the middle of Melbourne with very high density living and some big $$ houses surrounding it.

The big Aussie V8 Supercars will still be here :thumbsup: they just signed a deal in the US, one US race and two televised AU races over there.

sony_apm_fan

Member (SA)
Apr 8, 2010
Australia
Ok, sorry for the late reply here...

I'm happy to hold at my place, 29th and 30th of October.

Let's get an idea of who can confirm and we can talk logistics.

I have the venue, some accomm and transport sorted...train, bus, car all possible.

s_a_f

sony_apm_fan

Member (SA)
Apr 8, 2010
Australia
OK guys, this is officially still ON.

It will be the weekend of the 29th and 30th, at my place east of the CBD.

All welcome, let's start to get some confirmations or not please.... :yes:

Even if I end up with my own backyard party, sitting in my spa, listening to choice boxes I WILL have a great weekend.

But, would be nicer to share... :thumbsup:

If you're coming please PM me and we can talk logistics :breakdance:

sony_apm_fan

Member (SA)
Apr 8, 2010
Australia
Well, due to unpopular demand we are now having this week NEXT weekend....

November 5th, for those like Rick who are challenged in the 4th dimension.

Let's make this happen....... :-)

hollyrockets

Member (SA)
Nov 26, 2010
Olympia, WA
Audiophile said:
Did I miss out on this?
I was just thinking this would be PERFECT! I hope they are moving it up just one more week.

You have a LOT of fellow Boomboxery members there in Melbourne, it seems.

:-)

sony_apm_fan

Member (SA)
Apr 8, 2010
Australia
hollyrockets said:
Audiophile said:
Did I miss out on this?
I was just thinking this would be PERFECT! I hope they are moving it up just one more week.

You have a LOT of fellow Boomboxery members there in Melbourne, it seems.

:-)
Let's have Gluecifer provide the update on why this hasn't happened.......YET :-)

Gluecifer

Member (SA)
May 6, 2009
Belmont, Australia
Haha, close!

My TV died and money had to be saved to replace it, thus reducing any spare cash I had to zero.

We should plan this for after xmas when RockE is back in action and we might be able to TSHORBA organised too.

Rock On.

Status
Not open for further replies.