I am declaring a KING !

Status
Not open for further replies.

kaboomer

Member (SA)
Aug 27, 2009
no other company in the world has consistently and to this day, still produces boomboxes, so the crown obviously belongs to........ JVC ! From the remarkable PC-5 to the Rv-b90, JVC has always been notorious for design and flash ! Not saying all JVC's are good or that no other company produced a better model, just saying that over time, JVC has been there and more than once, had the best model for the year.

Who would you possibly have that could rival JVC's track record ?

Thoughts and opinions please (and yes, Panasonic ran a close 2nd)

blu_fuz

Staff member
Jun 3, 2009
WI
Lasonic :yes:

Not to rival JVC, but to be 3 steps behind and has been here forever :yes:

stormsven

Member (SA)
Jan 14, 2011
Sofia, Bulgaria
For long years im in love with JVC . Had a lot of different Boomblasters (the name used instead of Kaboom here). Kabooms are all about booming outside whit style and good sound. Love em. BUT, they never made one good enough for the beach :thumbsdown: . Sony have a long story whit good splash and shock proof Sport series. For me now they are better option for carrying around boxes. And yea the Sony sound is way behind, but design , functionality , and nice details are top. Dont like Sony like big corporation (can say - i hate it) but love the sony boomers. On the factors "dont take too much attention on your box", "o its rainy", "careful whit this sand," "batteries will died soon" . easy of carrying (love the handles of those Sport series) sony are way in front. What about the oldies - yea M70 and M90 are the kings of the sound. But sorry to say it - they have boring look. Old Sonys are just :drool: .
And this is just one example. Not saying the Sony is a King or Queen. Just there is no real King. There is a republic of boomboxes :thumbsup: . And they are all kings and queens IMO. Love em all :smooch: .

restocat

Member (SA)
Apr 25, 2010
New Mexico, USA
Jvcs are great, although I also agree with superduper. Add nationals to the pile.

I have a newer JVC pc-v77 I keep putting in the closet. It keeps comIng back out. Apparently the family has noticed how great it works as computer speakers. :-)

mellymelsr

Member (SA)
Sep 11, 2009
Northern Cali
For me JVC is also on top. My favorite all time boombox is the M70 and the M90 is legendary. Panasonic and Sanyo tie for a very close second as I love the Sanyo M-X series and the 9994/9998 as well. The Panny RX series is also legendary, but I have more JVC's than any other manufacturer for good reason.

THAFUZZ

Member (SA)
May 5, 2009
Midwest, USA
Kaboomer, this is a great thread topic. There are definately very worthy contenders for this title. I gotta think about which company has been there "Representing" for this market the L-O-N-G-E-S-T. I'm leaning toward a tie between JVC & Lasonic.

alfie

Member (SA)
Mar 11, 2010
Sydney, Australia
Sanyo holds it down for me. Great minis and midsizers and I love lookin at the big ben. That's entirely a personal preference though. They might not sound as good as the jvc or have the bling of the lasonics but they're so well rounded in all areas :-)

kaboomer

Member (SA)
Aug 27, 2009
Very nice replies ! You all seem to enjoy JVC a lot even if they are not your fav box and this thread has very valid points I never considered. Thanks for the input, and to the chap who say " they are all kings", I agree too. The entire boombox movement was and is an entity in itself ! Every classic boombox has a place in royalty, and I am glad they were invented.

Nice discussion :thumbsup:

baddboybill

Member (SA)
Jul 14, 2009
Hudson Florida
Ok are we talking about past :huh: or are we talking about who is king of industry for being around and still manufacturing these wonderful pieces of history we collect :hmmm: if this is the case then it's between JVC and Lasonic since they are really the only ones manufacturing the real boomboxes and kabooms for over 2 decades ;-)

kaboomer

Member (SA)
Aug 27, 2009
.....I may have to split the crown and King Panasonic as well ! If it was not for the Kaboom series of blasters, I am not sure that JVC would come out on top of Panasonics quality line !!!

This is a tough one, Panasonic def had MORE quality sets in the game..... Ummmm , I reserve the right to split the crown...

Tough call, rule out production of the Kabooms and I would need to favor Panasonic !
:annoyed: now what ?

vladi123456

Member (SA)
May 6, 2009
Texas
baddboybill said:
Ok are we talking about past :huh: or are we talking about who is king of industry for being around and still manufacturing these wonderful pieces of history we collect :hmmm: if this is the case then it's between JVC and Lasonic since they are really the only ones manufacturing the real boomboxes and kabooms for over 2 decades ;-)
Sony has been making boomboxes all along - and they still do, I believe?

beverlyjean2

Member (SA)
Apr 3, 2011
In declaring a boom box king one must first separate the suburban rich kid radios from the true high power low feature urban blasters. The mono JVC from 1978 is the only one that qualifies. m90 on album cover not withstanding, I never met anyone on the street groovin to any one of the shortwave stations......have you? Hey man check out my sleep timer.... are you nuts! Expensive beach house rich kid radios with those euro style features always sound like they are coming apart at high volume. for true public disruption a brash semi unrefined sound at any volume is required. In this application only one brand comes to mind... lasonic. In the rain ..in the snow, who cares. A 931 will get you thrown out of anyplace. And if a scuffle ensues ..[.EUROSPEAK] you don't have to worry about paint finish damage cause the black is molded in.. not painted on.

baddboybill

Member (SA)
Jul 14, 2009
Hudson Florida
vladi123456 said:
baddboybill said:
Sony has been making boomboxes all along - and they still do, I believe?
Yeah, but it's not original 80-90's design.
http://www.google.com/m/products/detail ... CBUQ8wIwAA

hollyrockets

Member (SA)
Nov 26, 2010
Olympia, WA
kaboomer said:
.....I may have to split the crown and King Panasonic as well ! If it was not for the Kaboom series of blasters, I am not sure that JVC would come out on top of Panasonics quality line !!!

This is a tough one, Panasonic def had MORE quality sets in the game..... Ummmm , I reserve the right to split the crown...

Tough call, rule out production of the Kabooms and I would need to favor Panasonic !
:annoyed: now what ?
Stop being a wuss ;-) and just

GIVE IT TO THE JVC!!!

Sheesh.... :annoyed:

Status
Not open for further replies.