Conion C-100 vs Clairtone 7980

Status
Not open for further replies.

blu_fuz

Staff member
Jun 3, 2009
WI
Any real difference between the two besides the brand/model number on the case?

blu_fuz

Staff member
Jun 3, 2009
WI
So if I wanted to pop the Conion decal off the front and back of my parts box and throw them on my NEW CLAIRTONE 7980, I wouldn't be beaten to death!?!?!?! I probably won't swap the decals, but we will see :lol: .

hahahaha

Yes, I bought the mega LLCool J blaster in working condition and not missing a thing (maybe the cassette drawer trim)!

Made a deal under the noses of all the watchers when the buy it now was $500 with free shipping. I saw this listed on craigslist before it went up for auction on ebay and had the sellers phone number. We chatted about the box and he said he had people interested to have it shipped overseas and would pay the $500 + shipping...... I had to come up a little bit from his $250 craigslist ad but he did include free shipping with $350 shipping insurance :cool: . Hopefully it makes it here safe. Looks like it needs a little cleaning on the front.......

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 1439.l2649

MasterBlaster84

Member (SA)
May 6, 2009
Northern California
blu_fuz said:
So if I wanted to pop the Conion decal off the front and back of my parts box and throw them on my NEW CLAIRTONE 7980, I wouldn't be beaten to death!?!?!?! I probably won't swap the decals, but we will see :lol: .
If you can live with your sin then it's okay! :lol:

If it makes you feel good to do It I say go for it. :yes:

blu_fuz

Staff member
Jun 3, 2009
WI
I like the Clairtone better too :yes: :-D .

Do these conion / clairtone's sound good????? :hmmm:

blu_fuz

Staff member
Jun 3, 2009
WI
-GZ- said:
blu_fuz said:

im sure thats not a serious question. its gonna blow your fn socks off...

You got me :laugh:. Honestly I have never heard one in person so it kind of was a real question.... I just knew the answer to it :lol:

-GZ-

Member (SA)
Oct 8, 2010
Boom Central
blu_fuz said:
-GZ- said:
blu_fuz said:

im sure thats not a serious question. its gonna blow your fn socks off...

You got me :laugh:. Honestly I have never heard one in person so it kind of was a real question.... I just knew the answer to it :lol:
id trade half my collection for a nice one.

petergriffin

Member (SA)
May 11, 2009
blu_fuz said:

Hey Fuz, I think that's a question that has been "fought" over a thousand times on this forum, or any other forum dealing with boomboxes. I have two now, and I thought maybe the first one wasn't 100%. The second one was from original owner. And it sounds the same. They do sound great, loud and clear. But the M90 still sounds better. But then again, sound is really subjective :-/

baddboybill

Member (SA)
Jul 14, 2009
Hudson Florida
This sounds like an awesome deal, but I hope he don't send it in the box he showed it in the last pic on ebay :hmmm: :sadno: Can't wait for more pics :thumbsup: congrats dude :-D

blu_fuz

Staff member
Jun 3, 2009
WI
Yeah Bill - He said that was the box he was going to send it in, I told him to think again!

I requested that he not use that box and told him about the packing instructions we have posted here. He insured it and said he packed it just like I asked, so we will see :hmmm:

blu_fuz

Staff member
Jun 3, 2009
WI
You know, you win some and you loose some on ebay..... This is the MOST I have spent on any boombox and I got burned guys.

After countless emails, texts, and a phone call, the seller is a straight up LIAR.

Here is my message to him with all the details:

Hey Dan, thanks again for working out a deal with me for the boombox. Here is some specific shipping info you MUST do to protect this thing in shipping. Please put at least 2 layers of big bubble wrap around the boombox and at least 2" on all sides of the boombox. Double box if possible, but by the looks of the picture of the boombox in the cardboard box, you will have to get a bigger box. And also, most important is to insure the package for $350 through USPS. Please, please, please get the shipping insurance. The workers of these shipping companies don't care if these things get damaged and I have had a few boomboxes show up cracked, damaged, crushed, broken, and it just makes me sick. Thanks again. Like I said, PLEASE get the $350 shipping insurance. - JOE

I'm going to type the texts and emails that we sent to eachother here so they are saved.

JOE:
I think you just listed your boombox on ebay. If you change it to a buy it now of $250 I will buy it. Let me know, thank you!

Dan:
i will have to put it on there for 300 and that would cover the shipping

JOE:
Does the boombox fully function? does it have both antennas with no damage? battery door there? any other damage or problems you can tell me about?

DAN:
Is on all the time when plugged in. One antenna tip broke. Don't buy till I get a chance to change it to $300.
Do you see the new pics?

JOE:
Yep, thank you!

Dan:
No prob

JOE:
Did you get my email about the packing instructions and shipping insurance?

DAN:
Yes dropping it off at post office this morning. Got insurance. Packed well.

JOE:
Thank you!

I just got the box and I am really mad. You didn't follow any packing instructions I gave and there is NO padding in this box! What is all the glue all over the front of the boombox? Now I have to go home and test it. USPS won't honor the insurance when you pack it like this. Not good. I'll get back to you after I test it.

Wow man, neither cassette deck works, the trim was reglued to the front which would explain why there is glue all over this thing. The right channel is blown or the speaker is bad, cassette drawer is missing the trim, bottom cassette door doesn't open and there is green corrosion on the chrome. I'm going to have to file a paypal claim if we can't work something out. I'm usually understanding, but you have lied or failed to mention a lot of things I specifically asked about.

^ this is what I am dealing with. All he told me on the phone was that the boombox didn't turn off and that one antenna tip is missing. That everything else was working just fine :thumbsdown: .

Even though the purchase price doesn't seem to be THAT much for some of you, this is A LOT for me so it hurts that much more. I was expecting a pretty much fully working box and got kicked right in the nut sack. We are talking about a partial refund right now, so I will have some $ to work with to fix it hopefully. The thing that pisses me off the most was the straight up lies. If he would have told me the truth I would have passed on it. I used my birthday money and money from selling to other boomboxes to pay for it, so happy b-day to me :sad: .

mmcodomino

Member (SA)
Mar 5, 2010
Berlin, Germany
www.myradio.berlin
blu_fuz said:
You know, you win some and you loose some on ebay..... This is the MOST I have spent on any boombox and I got burned guys.

After countless emails, texts, and a phone call, the seller is a straight up LIAR.

Here is my message to him with all the details:

Hey Dan, thanks again for working out a deal with me for the boombox. Here is some specific shipping info you MUST do to protect this thing in shipping. Please put at least 2 layers of big bubble wrap around the boombox and at least 2" on all sides of the boombox. Double box if possible, but by the looks of the picture of the boombox in the cardboard box, you will have to get a bigger box. And also, most important is to insure the package for $350 through USPS. Please, please, please get the shipping insurance. The workers of these shipping companies don't care if these things get damaged and I have had a few boomboxes show up cracked, damaged, crushed, broken, and it just makes me sick. Thanks again. Like I said, PLEASE get the $350 shipping insurance. - JOE

I'm going to type the texts and emails that we sent to eachother here so they are saved.

JOE:
I think you just listed your boombox on ebay. If you change it to a buy it now of $250 I will buy it. Let me know, thank you!

Dan:
i will have to put it on there for 300 and that would cover the shipping

JOE:
Does the boombox fully function? does it have both antennas with no damage? battery door there? any other damage or problems you can tell me about?

DAN:
Is on all the time when plugged in. One antenna tip broke. Don't buy till I get a chance to change it to $300.
Do you see the new pics?

JOE:
Yep, thank you!

Dan:
No prob

JOE:
Did you get my email about the packing instructions and shipping insurance?

DAN:
Yes dropping it off at post office this morning. Got insurance. Packed well.

JOE:
Thank you!

I just got the box and I am really mad. You didn't follow any packing instructions I gave and there is NO padding in this box! What is all the glue all over the front of the boombox? Now I have to go home and test it. USPS won't honor the insurance when you pack it like this. Not good. I'll get back to you after I test it.

Wow man, neither cassette deck works, the trim was reglued to the front which would explain why there is glue all over this thing. The right channel is blown or the speaker is bad, cassette drawer is missing the trim, bottom cassette door doesn't open and there is green corrosion on the chrome. I'm going to have to file a paypal claim if we can't work something out. I'm usually understanding, but you have lied or failed to mention a lot of things I specifically asked about.

^ this is what I am dealing with. All he told me on the phone was that the boombox didn't turn off and that one antenna tip is missing. That everything else was working just fine :thumbsdown: .

Even though the purchase price doesn't seem to be THAT much for some of you, this is A LOT for me so it hurts that much more. I was expecting a pretty much fully working box and got kicked right in the nut sack. We are talking about a partial refund right now, so I will have some $ to work with to fix it hopefully. The thing that pisses me off the most was the straight up lies. If he would have told me the truth I would have passed on it. I used my birthday money and money from selling to other boomboxes to pay for it, so happy b-day to me :sad: .
So sorry to hear that Joe :'-(
The box looked so great in the pictures :-/
Was the case damaged during shipping? :-O
Well, if it helps you, I am sure you will find a buyer for that price even in that condition so to cheer you up I call dibs :-)
Don't let that kind of sh*t ruin your B-Day. When I got my first GF777 smashed, it was right for my B-Day too :-/
Good luck with the seller.
:-/

baddboybill

Member (SA)
Jul 14, 2009
Hudson Florida
Joe that really suks :sadno: that is the reason why I decided to pick up any bbx that is large and over $100 ;-) good luck with paypal and getting refund. Put some pics up too :thumbsup:

redbenjoe

I Am Legend
May 6, 2009
florida
sorry , joe :'-(

yes -- 250 is a great deal --
but - when its a POS from a liar --then --250 is a sad fortune -

if i were you --
i would not spend another moment looking or playing with that sick pig --- :nonono:
just --try to convince paypal that you want to return it for a full refund

then -- thats the final end of all that crap

Status
Not open for further replies.