What would you Conion C100F (& AKA) folks want?

Status
Not open for further replies.

blu_fuz

Staff member
Jun 3, 2009
WI
Would you like to see a replacement cassette drawer available or just a panel to fill the void where the drawer once was?

Knowing that the spring/locking setup on the Conions tape drawer is finicky even if you have the real cassette drawer, I don't know if it would be worth while to have a repo drawer that doesn't really "work" either.

A nice replacement panel and that brushed alluminum trim would look nice.

What are your thoughts?
1. Jerry rigged drawer
2. Filler panel

:hmmm:

blu_fuz

Staff member
Jun 3, 2009
WI
I seeeeee :hmmm: :yes:

I will try to come up with a drawer with brushed aluminum front first, if that doesn't work then I will try something else....

redbenjoe

I Am Legend
May 6, 2009
florida
actually -- the tunnel isnt all that bad looking :cool: :surf:

but --an aluminum panel to fill it in would be nicer -

as far as making a a working door - to hold spares tapes -
well - these big jobs pound and vibrate -
so you might be creating a rattle-trap :hmmm:

Jboogie2384

Member (SA)
Sep 30, 2010
Queens, New York
Mine didn't stay in place until I used Velcro in the back of the drawer. One piece to the radio and the other on the back of the draw. It stays put and still functions with a little pull. If I didn't have it I'd want the whole drawer. My iPod touch fits in it quite nice with the wire to hook it up. If one is made up with out the lines for the cassette it would give you some nice space for other gadgets.

Gluecifer

Member (SA)
May 6, 2009
Belmont, Australia
I made my own hacky drawer, it wasn't hard, but I added a metal plate to the base of my unit to protect it, I'm sure this is the design flaw in the original, where the unit has been place on uneven ground with the entire weight of the radio being place on the flimsy drawer. So the metal plate on mine has protect it nicely, it just slides in and out though, no spring action.

However, I do have saved images from someone (forgive me for not remembering their name) who posted on s2go a while back who was going to make some up from a mould and casting them up. These may help:

All credit to the parties responsible for posting those images originally.

Rock On.

Jboogie2384

Member (SA)
Sep 30, 2010
Queens, New York
Gluecifer said:
I made my own hacky drawer, it wasn't hard, but I added a metal plate to the base of my unit to protect it, I'm sure this is the design flaw in the original, where the unit has been place on uneven ground with the entire weight of the radio being place on the flimsy drawer. So the metal plate on mine has protect it nicely, it just slides in and out though, no spring action.

[ Image ]

However, I do have saved images from someone (forgive me for not remembering their name) who posted on s2go a while back who was going to make some up from a mould and casting them up. These may help:

[ Image ]

[ Image ]

All credit to the parties responsible for posting those images originally.

Rock On.
That's what I'm talking about!!! That's a nice way of setting it up!! Maybe bredgeo can make it? Gotta ask him!

blu_fuz

Staff member
Jun 3, 2009
WI
Yeah, bredgeo might be the man for the job!

I was going to make an all pre-finished galvanized steel drawer. Like GLU said, I want it to withstand setting the weight of the boombox on it in case you are on uneven ground.

I will see what I can come up with, GLU - those pics of the repo someone did look like it would have worked nice.....

I too want to put my MP3 player in a drawer when the time comes in my Conion restoration :yes:

maves75

Member (SA)
May 28, 2012
Great Falls MT United States
I missed my calling. I am a machinist, I have made everything from guns to semiconductor plating machines. It wouldn't be hard to make a replacement of whatever type one wants from anything they want. I would rather make something from solid chunk of anything rather than mold(I also extrude, and press/mold) but to each their own. I just joined, but I love these big boxes! Unfortunately for me, I have a 79 luxury car, and a 2000 daily driver that combined didn't cost me half what a nice Conion commands. Still, I am patient, and there's always tax season :breakdance:

THAFUZZ

Member (SA)
May 5, 2009
Midwest, USA
maves75 said:
I missed my calling. I am a machinist, I have made everything from guns to semiconductor plating machines. It wouldn't be hard to make a replacement of whatever type one wants from anything they want. I would rather make something from solid chunk of anything rather than mold(I also extrude, and press/mold) but to each their own. I just joined, but I love these big boxes! Unfortunately for me, I have a 79 luxury car, and a 2000 daily driver that combined didn't cost me half what a nice Conion commands. Still, I am patient, and there's always tax season :breakdance:
Welcome to the family maves75 :-) Would a solid piece of Aluminum be better (and lighter) for a mold / replacement than galvanized steel,etc. Lighter, yet, durable enough for the job. :hmmm:

Status
Not open for further replies.