Poland
Ok, ive got this problem:
theres no sound from speakers
vu meters doesnt works
stereo fm mode light doesnt works

tape decks runs, plays but still theres no sound
and tuner scale light works
em i right that problem is power amp?
someone wanted to change power amp in easy way, You can see it from the back :-/ but still the original parts are in, nothing got changed

any help would be apriciated :ymca:

i can do alot more pics if anyone need...

Superduper

Member (SA)
Well, Neko. Sorry but there isn't enough information here for me to be of any help to you. I will say however that.........

(1) I doubt that the problem is in the amp.
(2) Don't know how you know the amps haven't been messed with. Those two modules look different -- one clean, one not.
(3) Before you ask, NO, I have no idea what is wrong with it. That's like saying, my car won't start, the lights turn on, the windshield wipers still work -- am I right that the fuel injector is broke? Not saying it isn't possible, but that conclusion just isn't supported by the symptoms. Amps don't usually blow both channels at the same time.

But if I were to proffer a guess, I would say.....
Dead amp + dead meters + possibly dead tuner means..................... power issue.

neko

Member (SA)
Aug 18, 2010
Poland
ok, one module is changed. i thought someone only refreshed the conections but after look again one is diffirent.
At least this box i got for free :-)
i will give it good lookafter i finnish painting the kitchen :yes:

And thanks for trying to help me :thumbsup:

neko

Member (SA)
Aug 18, 2010
Poland
Superduper
definitely power issue, even tunr dont get any power, only tape gets the power but thats all. i still dont know where to look for reasun :-D

neko

Member (SA)
Aug 18, 2010
Poland
HA!! I thought it cant be such easy thing as switch, but it was!!!!
radio/tape/phono switch was the problem :thumbsup: little connection spray and it fully works :thumbsup:

now i only need tape door, tuning knob, tape buttons and battery cover XD at least it fully works, and its for free :thumbsup:

Thanks for trying to help me :yes:

Superduper

Member (SA)
Told ya.

I see guys make huge jumps to conclusions all the time and in this case, a false conclusion lead to a big hole in the back case, and a swapped out amplifier. Luckily you didn't act on the same false presumption of dead amps or you would be out TWO more amplifier modules replaced for no good reason and still not fixed.

As for the power issue -- glad the deoxit worked. In many cases, those switches are NOT designed to carry all the current demanded of it, and the contacts inside actually erode to where the switch either needs replacement or rebuilding. The reason the tape functions still worked is because on most boomboxes, the power supply to the tape section takes an entirely different path so power problems can be confusing.

monchito

Member (SA)
May 5, 2009
pythonville florida
and most of the time the function switch will be suspect just about in every case :w00t: :w00t: maybe with just a few being a exception,,, and while deoxit a good 95 % brings most boxes back alive :yes: :yes: :yes:

neko

Member (SA)
Aug 18, 2010
Poland
Superduper said:
Told ya.

...The reason the tape functions still worked is because on most boomboxes, the power supply to the tape section takes an entirely different path so power problems can be confusing.
Thats the thing that made me confused :yes:

i really like that function switch problem. Its easy way to get cheap boomboxes :thumbsup:

Status
Not open for further replies.