What Amp for a National RX 7200, sound is gone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

bredgeo

Member (SA)
May 7, 2009
France
Yep.... JUST finished the GF 305....

Then, went to listen to the RX 7200, and the sound started to crackle, out of one speaker, go and comeback, go and comeback, crackle left, right low sound,... Went, staid gone, came-back and now gone again for good!

Have only tested with cassette (no radio nor phono/line-in).

My money is on a dead amp chip!!!! But, will open latter on (on a weekend)...

Could anyone please tell me what amp chip(s) is/are used in a National RX 7200, so as to see if i have one already (from other Bboxes), or if i would have to order!

Thanks all!!!

Later!

restocat

Member (SA)
Apr 25, 2010
New Mexico, USA
Sorry, I've been looking for a service manual myself, for a year now, which probably would state the amp chip. Should I ever find one, it may be only in Japanese!

I asked superduper once, and he doesn't have a service manual either.

This is not something that you can find out by opening the 7200? I'm not technical so please excuse me if I'm missing something obvious.

monchito

Member (SA)
May 5, 2009
pythonville florida
yes basicly u would have to open here up too see ,, i have the 7000 which uses the ba532 which sanyo uses on some of there big boxes not sure of the 7200.. :-)

bredgeo

Member (SA)
May 7, 2009
France
Hey ye....

Oh yeah, once I open it I will be able to find out what the chip is.... I just was hoping to be able abd get that info before opening to start having a look around on prices and stuff.

When I get to it I'll let you guys know!

But it would still be great to know before.

Later

bredgeo

Member (SA)
May 7, 2009
France
But, here....... This is more of what it does (could be capasitor):

It goes on the left, then/or the right, fades, cracks, total sound loss, sound returns and it works fine, more sound loss of a few seconds, cracking off and on....

I doubt it if it is the chip.... But, you know. What do you think?

bredgeo said:

It goes on the left, then/or the right, fades, cracks, total sound loss, sound returns and it works fine, more sound loss of a few seconds, cracking off and on....

Volume or balance pot? Deoxit the shiesser out of it! ( I would naturally assume you've done this anyway, but these intermittent problems always drive ya nuts).

bredgeo

Member (SA)
May 7, 2009
France
Terry said:
bredgeo said:

Volume or balance pot? Deoxit the shiesser out of it! ( I would naturally assume you've done this anyway, but these intermittent problems always drive ya nuts).
Yeah, I've cleaned them out (but not open to clean). I am going to take them totally apart to clean them well.... But, I don't think it is that... As you can imagine having a lot of Bboxes we kind know what does what to what. But I will still clean then!

Status
Not open for further replies.