Battery Problem JVC-RC-M70

Status
Not open for further replies.

prg333

Member (SA)
Aug 1, 2010
Hello fellow BB lovers,

Got a nice JVC-RC-M70 for Ebay.. Seller stated all worked fine and that he tested it with 10D cells and it worked just fine. She :annoyed: arrived packed well and the radio and tape worked and sound fine with the AC cord.. I had bought 10 fresh D's and when I put them in and unplugged the AC line, NOTHING AT ALL!

Quite annoying as the seller stated it worked JUST AS IT SHOULD!!!!

I paid extra for shipping via FED EX to avoid of "the big brown bear" AKA UPS.

So I need help! Is it a bad switch, oxidation on the ac/batt switch inside ? Something came disconnected inside?
How much of the radio to you have to take apart to get to the battery section?

Matrixambience

Member (SA)
May 8, 2010
Strasburg,PA
Hi! Sorry for the problematic M70. Remember...these radios are now in their 30's and plus, so any movement just slightly may jarr something out of wack. If your savvy enough and want to disassemble the unit, then check to see if any wire is loose or check for oxidation, plus check the battery polarity/power too. You never know....I have bought new batteries and they were not the best in condition. The M70 has a battery check button I believe too. Just wanted to give you some pointers. Good Luck!

baddboybill

Member (SA)
Jul 14, 2009
Hudson Florida
There is a micro switch that sets to battery use when you pull plug out of bbx. You can try pulling plug and plugging back in a bunch of times. If that don't work spray some deoxit into switch to get it clean is a must. Just spray a small amount and rework the plug.... Good luck :thumbsup:

prg333

Member (SA)
Aug 1, 2010
:-D Well i tried pulling the AC line cord in and out a bunch of times. The result MAGIC! :-) She now WORKS with the 10 fresh D cells I had in the battery compartment. I WILL spray some special cleaner in the area of the battery switch. I have a friend with 40+ years of fixing all types of tube radio's. He can help put in a new belt when it will be needed.

baddboybill

Member (SA)
Jul 14, 2009
Hudson Florida
prg333 said:
:-D Well i tried pulling the AC line cord in and out a bunch of times. The result MAGIC! :-) She now WORKS with the 10 fresh D cells I had in the battery compartment. I WILL spray some special cleaner in the area of the battery switch. I have a friend with 40+ years of fixing all types of tube radio's. He can help put in a new belt when it will be needed.
Cool :cool: :thumbsup:

Status
Not open for further replies.