Prosonic PQR-9962

Status
Not open for further replies.

Johnny

Member (SA)
May 6, 2009
MIDWEST
What would cause the tapes to play fast? Everything works great, and never listened to a tape before and now I find out it plays fast! :annoyed:

Please Help!!! :yes: :yes:

redbenjoe

I Am Legend
May 6, 2009
florida
johnny --it could be as simple as a 12v motor getting 15v -- :hmmm:

but if you need to know right NOW --(as your box is up on BIN) !!!

send PMs to our smart members - :-) :-)
such as monchito . success , SD, floyd , oldy , fatdog - etc

Johnny

Member (SA)
May 6, 2009
MIDWEST
redbenjoe said:
johnny --it could be as simple as a 12v motor getting 15v -- :hmmm:

but if you need to know right NOW --(as your box is up on BIN) !!!

send PMs to our smart members - :-) :-)
such as monchito . success , SD, floyd , oldy , fatdog - etc

I've added that to the description, thought there might be an easy adjustment to it.. I hope :'-(

SUCCESS

Member (SA)
May 14, 2009
The motor is four or two wires ?.

If it has four wires, then the speed adjust is on the board. The pots are near motor conection at the mainboard.
Not only the pots but check the wires. This motors have remote feedback resistors (actually the mainboard pots) through its A y B terminals. Check this wires, their connections and the pots (move a them a little, perhaps it's only dirt.).
This arrangement is tipical in double decker with high speed dubbing.

If it has two wires, the speed MOST be is in the motor yeah ..... the "hole"
If it plays fast, you can still adjust. But the speed adjust is only -/+ 10% and no more. If it plays TOO fast the motor most be replaced. It could be very easy depending on the boombox.

A third posibility is a two wire motor, with the regulator in the mainboard, but it's very rare ... I've only seen two grundigs with this crazy feature.

Put some photo to see inside (if you can open it)

Pedro

Johnny

Member (SA)
May 6, 2009
MIDWEST
Thanks Success and Monchito, I'll try the adjustment tomorrow and see what happens... I knew (well Ira told me so) that I could count on the talent around here to help me out :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

I'll let ya know, stay tuned to news reports on "Electrocution while repairing boom box" :w00t: :lol: :lol:

Johnny

Member (SA)
May 6, 2009
MIDWEST
ahardb0dy said:
redbenjoe said:
unless you are rimmer --
you wont get electrocuted on 12 volts
:-)

unless it's plugged in and you touch the 120 volt side of the transformer, but it's only 120 it will only sting for a minute
What till my heart stops!! :'-( :lol: :lol:

ahardb0dy

Member (SA)
Johnny said:
ahardb0dy said:
redbenjoe said:
unless you are rimmer --
you wont get electrocuted on 12 volts
:-)

unless it's plugged in and you touch the 120 volt side of the transformer, but it's only 120 it will only sting for a minute
What till my heart stops!! :'-( :lol: :lol:

just make sure it's not plugged in when you work on it, take a lesson from me, after the last meet I was showing Bobby my Aiwa ADF990 tape deck ( that I bought brand new back in the 90's top of the line at the time), all it needed was new belts to be perfect, anyway I was showing Bobby how the meters look compared to the Aiwa deck (770 I think) he had just bought, had the top off and the deck transport out, plugged the deck in and the deck transport section grounded out against the power transformer blowing the fuse, or at least that's what I thought blew, replaced the fuse the following day still no work, well 4 trips to the tech and about $200 and it still is not working 100%!!, tech has it again now have to call to get this weeks update. so Don't work on anything when it's plugged in or you too can have a "Rimmer moment" too, :lol: :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.