Not open for further replies.

RockE

Member (SA)
Apr 13, 2011
Australia
How to replace the belts on a Hitachi 9100*

Remove 3 screws from the top of the box

Remove 3 screws from the back of the box

Remove knobs and sliders, open cassette door (separate both halves)

Tape counter belt

Remove these 4 screws and lift this assembly up and turn it over

Remove the 2 screws holding the motor plate to the mechanism and turn it over

Replace these belts and clean up any crap from old gooey belts

Fit the the motor plate back into position and fit the belt onto the motor pulley, make sure the belts haven't fallen off the pulleys.

Reassemble in reverse order be careful with alignment of the cassette player buttons and FM stereo button

(I don't have the belt sizes I used, I had a belt kit and just picked ones that matched or fitted well)

Rock on

:breakdance:

RockE

beverlyjean2

Member (SA)
Apr 3, 2011
WOW,,,NICE JOB....I HAVE THE BELT SIZES FOR THIS UNIT...IT USES 1 SCX4.3 SCY8.0 SCX9.2 THIS INFO IS FROM PRB CATALOG

hopey

Member (SA)
Dec 28, 2014
Melb AU
Dam pulled mine down all belts in tacked. 2.8v at the motor. I will try applying 12v to the motor. Maybe motor control issue IC?

MyOhMy

Member (SA)
Jul 26, 2015
Sleaford, Lincolnshire, UK.
Thanks for this helpful guide, RockE. I've now successfully changed the belts on my own TRK-9100 using the info you've provided here and now all works well again.

However........................

THIS COULD BE IMPORTANT INFO YOU'VE MISSED:

Once I had the deck separated from the main body of the BB I noticed a tiny (VERY tiny) spring that had obviously connected the main body of the tape deck to a metal part affixed to the main body of the BB. How this hadn't fallen off without my noticing I'll never know, maybe it was just my lucky day?

Here's the pics I took showing where the tiny spring is located and what/how it fixes on the correct parts.

DSCF0699.JPG

DSCF0701.JPG

DSCF0700.JPG

DSCF0697.JPG

DSCF0704.JPG

I'm not sure what this tiny spring does just yet but I feel it'll be easily missed 'cos it's tucked away almost out of sight.

Good luck, All.

Status
Not open for further replies.