Soundesign 4640 LED meter issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

skippy1969

Member (SA)
May 6, 2009
Baraboo Wisconsin
I bought this Soundesign 4640 on Ebay supposedly 100% working but everything works except the LED meters. :sad: :'-( :huh:
I'm trying to get it all working as my friend had one just like it back in high school and he carried it EVERYWHERE with himI was thinking of surprising him with it when I see him sometime.
Any thoughts? :huh: :dunce: :hmmm:
I did the obvious checks like connections etc,but I don't see anything obvious.I would LOVE to have it all working 100%. :w00t: :w00t:
It has pretty cool red and green LEDS.. :drool: :drool: :drool:
Thanks!

blu_fuz

Staff member
Jun 3, 2009
WI
Kick it :breakdance: with your foot. Or throw it in a pool like Ira does :-O .

Reli

Member (SA)
Dec 24, 2010
USA
Your friend carried a 3-piece everywhere? :huh:
Or does it just look like a 3-piece?

skippy1969

Member (SA)
May 6, 2009
Baraboo Wisconsin
Reli said:
Your friend carried a 3-piece everywhere? :huh:
Or does it just look like a 3-piece?
Yup its a 3 piece,but its very light and the speakers attach very well...... :yes: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
He carried it everywhere,I'm not even kidding.......... :yes: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

baddboybill

Member (SA)
Jul 14, 2009
Hudson Florida
Very cool Scott :cool: I thought at one time the 4640 was one of my bbx's I had as a teen but I actually found out it was a lennox sound... :thumbsup: good luck with fix :-D here is my 4641 which is exactly same but dark gray :-D

This is my lennox sound ;-)

monchito

Member (SA)
May 5, 2009
pythonville florida
skippy try deoxit on the record bar, i remember having a box with only one side led working and i deoxit the record bar and that did the trick,, not sure if that will solve it but at least you can try it just for incase :yes: :yes: :yes: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

skippy1969

Member (SA)
May 6, 2009
Baraboo Wisconsin
monchito said:
skippy try deoxit on the record bar, i remember having a box with only one side led working and i deoxit the record bar and that did the trick,, not sure if that will solve it but at least you can try it just for incase :yes: :yes: :yes: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Thanks Ramon,I'll give it a try......... :monchito: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

stormsven

Member (SA)
Jan 14, 2011
Sofia, Bulgaria
monchito said:
:agree: . It worked for me too on the couple of boxes :yes: . Spraying back of the leds where they are soldered together bringing em back :thumbsup: .

71spud

Member (SA)
May 7, 2009
Scott, I have the service manual for this model if you want to borrow it. I can also make a photocopy of the owners manual if you want to give it to your friend.

skippy1969

Member (SA)
May 6, 2009
Baraboo Wisconsin
71spud said:
Scott, I have the service manual for this model if you want to borrow it. I can also make a photocopy of the owners manual if you want to give it to your friend.
Heck yes Joel,that would be great! :w00t: :w00t:
Maybe I could get them from you when we meet up again sometime soon....... ;-) :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Thank you! :surf:

Lexedus

Member (SA)
May 24, 2011
Is it common for the LED meter to only work while recording, or do I have another issue?

Darece01

Member (SA)
Sep 17, 2012
Louisville
I had on like this back in the day. The led meter would light up when recoring and during playback. Also when listening to the radio.

isolator42

Member (SA)
May 6, 2009
Surrey, UK
baddboybill said:
Very cool Scott :cool: I thought at one time the 4640 was one of my bbx's I had as a teen but I actually found out it was a lennox sound... :thumbsup: good luck with fix :-D here is my 4641 which is exactly same but dark gray :-D
[ Image ]

This is my lennox sound ;-)

[ Image ]
That Lennox sound is an aka for my Bush 7070... :)

Status
Not open for further replies.