International Boombox Day

Fatdog

Staff member
May 3, 2009
Rick, Terry, and I tossed the idea around and finally settled on a date - July 20th - to celebrate International Boombox Day. :thumbsup:

Tell your friends and family. Help spread the word. If you are on Facebook, here is the official page:

https://www.facebook.com/InternationalBoomboxDay

"Like it!" and then share with all your FB friends too.

You can also save the following QR image and print it for distribution on bulletin boards and such.

Reactions: Jamie Rood

oldskool69

Staff member
May 5, 2009
'Bama!!! Deep In Da' Heart O' Dixie
Fatdog said:
Rick, Terry, and I tossed the idea around and finally settled on a date - July 20th - to celebrate International Boombox Day. :thumbsup:

Tell your friends and family. Help spread the word. If you are on Facebook, here is the official page:

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Internati ... 0977381387

You can also save the following QR image and print it for distribution on bulletin boards and such.

[ Image ]

Settled on a date? What was the discussion about? :huh: :-D

oldskool69 said:
Fatdog said:

[ Image ]

Various boombox model numbers that would suit a particular date, see if you can guess......

Middle of summer in the northern hemisphere sounded right as well. This year 7/20 falls on a Wednesday, so I'm thinking in a few years time when it falls on a weekend we will really have some momentum, and take it to a wider audience with some cool events.

oldskool69

Staff member
May 5, 2009
'Bama!!! Deep In Da' Heart O' Dixie
Terry said:
oldskool69 said:
Fatdog said:

[ Image ]

Various boombox model numbers that would suit a particular date, see if you can guess......

Middle of summer in the northern hemisphere sounded right as well. This year 7/20 falls on a Wednesday, so I'm thinking in a few years time when it falls on a weekend we will really have some momentum, and take it to a wider audience with some cool events.
:lol:

CP-7 & Rising 20/20

:lol:

Fatdog

Staff member
May 3, 2009
It was an idea I tossed out to Rick, and Terry started tossing around ideas also. Actually, Terry created the Facebook page before a date was even picked. :lol: :lol: So, we needed to get on it like right away. :super:

We wanted a date that was based off a boombox model number. For example:

Conion C126 = December 6
Panasonic RX-5150 = May 15
Sanyo M-X720 = July 20
Sanyo M-X920 = September 20

Anyway, July 20 was chosen because:

1) It is also Terry's birthday
2) It happens to be the date of my parents' wedding anniversary
3) Apollo 11 landed on the moon on that date in 1969

Who's to argue with fate? :-D :-P Think of the lunar tie-ins that are possible. We could have "Boom Landings" all over the place!! :lol: :-D

Boom Shaka Laka

Member (SA)
May 6, 2009
Detroit
Fatdog said:
Anyway, July 20 was chosen because:
1) It is also Terry's birthday
2) It happens to be the date of my parents' wedding anniversary
3) Apollo 11 landed on the moon on that date in 1969
And Detroit's own founder of Little Caesar's Pizza and sports entrepreneur, Mike Ilitch, was born. Go Red Wings! Go Tigers!

Fatdog

Staff member
May 3, 2009
Boom Shaka Laka said:
And Detroit's own founder of Little Caesar's Pizza and sports entrepreneur, Mike Ilitch, was born. Go Red Wings! Go Tigers!
Pizza! Pizza! Little Caesar's Crazy Bread is the doughy equivalent of crack cocaine. :lol:

Lasonic TRC-920

Feb 16, 2010
Naples, Italy
I have this date saved in my phone, I will be wearing my Lasonic "Boombox" t-shirt and I will be PARTYIN' my arse off with Blaster in hand, this year falls on a Wednesday, so I will also be having band rehearsal which means....

PARTY! :w00t: :yes: :drunk: :beer2: :weed: :rock: :chris920:

Ciaran

Member (SA)
Feb 13, 2011
Essex, England
What style of music is everyone going to be playing? And what you guys going to crank it on? I am personally feeling a mix of cheesy party songs/classics and some heavy bass.