Berlin Mini-Meet (Zippy and mmcodomino)

Status
Not open for further replies.

mmcodomino

Member (SA)
Mar 5, 2010
Berlin, Germany
www.myradio.berlin
Yeah, it was a real mini-mini-meet. He came over tonight because we wanted to fix his Crown 850 :-) .

I picked him up with Herbie cause his bus just drove off in front of him.
Then after doing a little soundcheck, especially on the Lasonic 975, we opened up his Crown to install a donor tape door from my parts box.
It worked after fiddling a little, but the door wopuld not stay closed because the eject lever was weird somehow.
We fixed that and while putting it back together a mount for a screw broke :-/ .
So some second glue fixed that and then it was fully up and running again except for the tape deck which had cut wires inside :sadno: .
But FM works nice and so does Phono so it is a great box now. :thumbsup:

And it was the first time 3 nice Crown gathered in my shelf :dunce: :-D :

I also gave him my parts box because he has a custom idea with it. I am sure he is going to have fun with. It rescued two other 850s now so it is time to get customized now :lol: .
When Zippy wanted to leave, he hooked up both boxes to his strap and BOOM it broke and both fell on the floor :'-(
At first: Shock! Both nice boxes are broken now! :'-( :sad: :sad: :sad:
BUT: These are heavy duty! None of them have even a little damage :-D :-D :-D .
That is why wooden floor rocks :yes: .

Now Zippy just left with two big boomboxes to bring home on the bus. I hope both make their trip safe and arrive in the same condition they left my house :-) .
It was a lot of fun, thanks for coming over Zippy, I am always happy to fix up boxes for you ;-) .

Zippy

Member (SA)
Sep 21, 2010
Hannover, Germany
Everything back home safe! Great evening! I got picked up by Herbie, drank a beer and painted the floor with a black text marker while Max fixed my Crown and - on top - gave me his parts box :w00t:
Also I learned stuff. Thanks for being so supportive, Max! :thumbsup:

Fatdog

Staff member
May 3, 2009
Max and Zippy are like the German equivalent of Ira and Monchito. :-D

mmcodomino

Member (SA)
Mar 5, 2010
Berlin, Germany
www.myradio.berlin
Zippy said:
Everything back home safe! Great evening! I got picked up by Herbie, drank a beer and painted the floor with a black text marker while Max fixed my Crown and - on top - gave me his parts box :w00t:
Also I learned stuff. Thanks for being so supportive, Max! :thumbsup:
I am glad everything arrived safely :yes: . Have fun with your new Crown-Jewels :-D .
The 850 just looks better with a tape door. :lol:

stormsven

Member (SA)
Jan 14, 2011
Sofia, Bulgaria
And next time dont get drunk and dropin boxes on the floor :lol: . Monchito and Ira have experience whit that. They know how to drop boxes properly. Its not that easy. But good first try :lol: . A new legendary boombox team is born :thumbsup: .

JVC Floyd

Inactive (Delete)
May 6, 2009
Maryland USA.
sounds like a fun meet :lol: don't feel bad about the box falling ,i had a gf777 go out of it's way to do a back flip onto the floor :-P luckily not one bit of damage though , i only turned around for a second then ,pow bang kablooey right on the floor :nonono: i was tempted to throw that sumbitch out the window :lol: , glad you guys had a good time . nice collection man :w00t: .

Status
Not open for further replies.