more base

Cory

Apr 24, 2023
Wappingers Falls
I am trying to boost the base in my Panasonic RX-A-5,and am wondering if a small powered sub woofer with rca connections ported in the available slots would do it. Thanks Cory

floyd

Member (SA)
Jan 9, 2022
Maryland usa
I am trying to boost the base in my Panasonic RX-A-5,and am wondering if a small powered sub woofer with rca connections ported in the available slots would do it. Thanks Cory
As long as it has a line out it should work
. I'm pretty sure these do

Reli

Member (SA)
Dec 24, 2010
USA
Better thing to do would be to replace the surrounds on the speakers, they are made of tar-coated cloth and they become hard and inflexible over time.

Arbusto67

Member (SA)
Jan 2, 2023
Italy
You can even try a trick I learned somewhere, treat the cloth surrounds with brake fluid. It may seem odd but I used this method on the woofers in my JVC PC11, the surrounds were so hard that the cones could barely move, after a couple passes with a q-tip wet in brake fluid (I bought the cheapest and smallest bottle I could find) they are transformed, now the cones are free to move and the sound improved a lot. Consider that I did this 5 or 6 months ago and the surrounds are still OK, so no harm to them.

Reactions: dubout